67 gto build for my dad

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colorodders

Building this for my dad. 2005 gto independent rear, big disc brakes with 05 gto calipers, 06 gto seats, Ls2 with a Magna Charger! We might incorporated the 06 gto gauge cluster with the 67 gauge panel. Lexus Pearl white paint.

Attachments

• gto-pearl white.jpg
    gto-pearl white.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 61
Sorry, not a real Pontiac without a Pontiac motor. It's nice that you are building a car for your pops, but why the radical change to a collectable classic? I guess I just don't understand the modernization when these cars are really good stock.

Sorry, not a real Pontiac without a Pontiac motor. It's nice that you are building a car for your pops, but why the radical change to a collectable classic? I guess I just don't understand the modernization when these cars are really good stock.

Ah but not so fast my friend ;) It did not have the original 400 in it when I bought it. The Ls2 I'm putting in it is coming out of an 05 Pontiac GTO. We could argue that modern Pontiacs are not Pontiac then get off into our government not being our government then disagreeing when that was overtaken. It came with a 68 Firebird 350. Runs real good, torquey but, not staying in the GTO. It's going into my RPU.

These cars are very collectible however, they are even more desirable when these exact modifications are made to them.
When it comes to manufacture purity, any part from the manufacture going into the same manufactures vehicle is nothing more than upgrading the parts.
These cars are really good stock but, a stock GTO will never corner or accelerate with a GTO that's had the suspension upgraded like this.

I guess when it comes to taste... some have it and some dont ;). They stopped making real "anything" a long time ago (except for Harleys, they're damn better-EVO on up). Regardless, hope your pops enjoys the goat (even with the Chebby motor).

These cars are very collectible however, they are even more desirable when these exact modifications are made to them.
When it comes to manufacture purity, any part from the manufacture going into the same manufactures vehicle is nothing more than upgrading the parts.
These cars are really good stock but, a stock GTO will never corner or accelerate with a GTO that's had the suspension upgraded like this.

Your wisdom outdates you rust OldIron!

I can only imagine how exhilarating that car is going to be to drive on a winding road then burst onto a straight away WOT. Boof

I guess when it comes to taste... some have it and some dont ;). They stopped making real "anything" a long time ago (except for Harleys, they're damn better-EVO on up). Regardless, hope your pops enjoys the goat (even with the Chebby motor).

Do you mean after Japan bought Harley? ;)
Thx..
I agree that we as a Nation have lost pride and ingenuity but, not the Rat Rod Nation!

Latest posts

Back