MotorVille '64 Fairlane sedan

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratty 46

Although not a Thunderbolt it does share the same body style.

I'm almost done ....

Am still waiting on detriot/eaton 2"+ front springs, rear cheater slicks, install flat tow hooks & take wheels on back now & put them back on the front. The cragars belong to my other '64 failane sedan.

Power is from very sleepy 289 with C4.

Interior has '64 econoline front buckets trimmed in the same material as the rear. Shifter, although period, will be changed out to something a bit less dificult to deal with. 1/4 stick will replace Hurst ratchet rig. Door panels are bead rolled aluminum that I stole out of the other car.

Need also to finish battery mounting in the trunk.

Got a new green tint NOS windshield to go in too.

It's not a racer now .... although whomever buys it can make that call.

Thought you all would enjoy.

CIMG0277_zpsdf835025.jpg

CIMG0273_zps6a4f0484.jpg

CIMG0282_zps3012823d.jpg

CIMG0270_zpsbbabe85a.jpg

CIMG0263_zpsf7606976.jpg

CIMG0269_zpsff0d6798.jpg

R46

Thanks.

I'll have a few "finished" photos in a week or so ...

I hate to seel but I've got another '64 sedan in the wings. A complete tube chassis car that'll get the 70's modified production look.

Although I can't afford to race them I can build them!!

I'm in search of a '62 galaxy boxtop for the one after it.

Here's a few more:

CIMG0266_zps1d3ac63b.jpg

CIMG0263_zpsf7606976.jpg

CIMG0267_zps762aae8e.jpg

The paint on the car is a great shade of patina. The original white is bleeding through the 30+ year old blue. It's all checked & has some surface rust here & there.

R46

Last edited:
Thanks all.

Car is for sale.

It'll have TTD's on the front with new skinnies & new cheater slicks on the rear on steel wheels.

It's a driver.

R46

Thanks.

Story is a guy that I worked with, that's since retired, dad had a car lot that he designed & opened in Fresno - MotorVille!!

His Dad retired & sold the biz & it's no longer MotorVille. We use to BS about cars & he showed me a picture of his Dad's lot.

When I started on the Fairlane I always wanted a Thunderbolt but as everyone knows ... I was a bit short of cash. The blue car happened about 15 minutes from my house & that is when the wheels started turning - super stocker.

Here ya go ....

Now during the build up I came across another '64 fairlane sedan outlaw 10.5 car that was not finished & way away from original so I can cut that up & finish it.

That's it.

R46

Only in a picture.

It was on the corner of Abby & ???

I worked with his step son (Stan) here in Atlanta. Not sure if the building is still standing.

He (Dick Davidian) loved the finished car. He framed the picture & has it next to the MotorVille pix.

Paul

Hey Bill,

I checked ... you are correct ... corner of Belmont & Abby!!!

You got any updated pix of the place now??

R46

I don't live near there. But I work at the air traffic control tower. So when I get off work next, I'll head down there and try to get you a pic.

That would be super.

If I can figure how to do it I have a picture of Motorville on day 1 with Dick on the lot & all the cars.

I'll get help to get that posted.

Paul

Latest posts

Back