honey do

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowbudget50

Creators of all things awesome
So our house that we bought a couple years ago has a fruit seller in the basement. The people we bought it from had just placed a curtain rod and a curtain over the door opening. My wife has been wanting to do something with it for a long time. A couple weekends ago we found a really cool old five panel door at an antique store. So this weekend I put down my welder in my grinder and I picked up my skill saw and my finish nailer and built a door casing, cut the door down a little bit and hung it in the opening. Didn't turn out too bad for a fabricator

Attachments

• 0131211539.jpg
    0131211539.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 0131211540.jpg
    0131211540.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 42
Hate to tell you, but the door is upside down. :eek: The key hole goes under the knob, not on top. Also, the extra hole was probably for a deadbolt, they go on top of the knob.:rolleyes:

Not knocking your install. Just telling you what other folks will probably say. It looks great in there. Most folks won't notice, but I grew up around doors like that.

Hate to tell you, but the door is upside down. :eek: The key hole goes under the knob, not on top. Also, the extra hole was probably for a deadbolt, they go on top of the knob.:rolleyes:

Not knocking your install. Just telling you what other folks will probably say. It looks great in there. Most folks won't notice, but I grew up around doors like that.

hahahaha, damn some one noticed. my dad told me I was going to mount it upside down also. I wanted it to swing that way.

thanks guys, happy wife happy life!!
or I can get a pass for another project hahahaha

I have only one original and similar door left in my centennial house, Its a short or "smurf" closet door exactly 6 feet.

....and its still hung right side up despite some remodeling in the late 30's.....:D

The rest are Lowes doors from the 90's. (By previous owner:mad:)

Looks great, glad to see others do more than antique cars. i might put up a link about my house resto and unique history

Attachments

• closet.JPG
    closet.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 18
I'll give you a pass this time, all the doors in my house are over
120 yrs old now (except closet doors, there were no closets when
I got it :rolleyes:) I like the old stuff ;) by the way nice lamp [cl

Very cool. I like old houses, they're hard to find in Central FL. Nobody lived here before the 70's, and if they did, their house was leveled in the name of progress :(

Very cool. I like old houses, they're hard to find in Central FL. Nobody lived here before the 70's, and if they did, their house was leveled in the name of progress :(

My little town is full of them. Lakeland is another. When we were relocating and looking out this way from Fort Laud, I didn't want to go from one big city to another (Tampa) So my daughter suggested some of the little towns close but still rural. I remember driving through this town saying to Honey I gotta get one of these old houses, so we did, lucked out at end of bubble in 2014, lots of foreclosures, low prices.

My little town is full of them. Lakeland is another. When we were relocating and looking out this way from Fort Laud, I didn't want to go from one big city to another (Tampa) So my daughter suggested some of the little towns close but still rural. I remember driving through this town saying to Honey I gotta get one of these old houses, so we did, lucked out at end of bubble in 2014, lots of foreclosures, low prices.

Where exactly are you at? I just bought a house in Cocoa.

Ahh Cocoa, the land of Jeannie who I dreamed of. Love Satelite Beach, my younger sis had a condo there, nice beaches.

I'm in Plant City, the land of Strawberries.

Ahh Cocoa, the land of Jeannie who I dreamed of. Love Satelite Beach, my younger sis had a condo there, nice beaches.

I'm in Plant City, the land of Strawberries.

Nice, I originally moved to Tampa, but moved to Orlando 20 years ago, now heading farther East.

Latest posts

Back