What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dealt with Craigslist flakes all weekend! I had about 20 phone calls but only two guys actually showed up and bought anything.

I know how that goes, I have had hundreds of people over the six months I had it listed show up to look at my 68, all wanting to "test drive," but didn't bring any money......yes, I still have it.

Flakeslist

I dealt with Craigslist flakes all weekend! I had about 20 phone calls but only two guys actually showed up and bought anything.

Yup, waited around all weekend for flakes to no-show. I should be used to it by now. At least I was putzing around in the back a bit.

About the only thing I got done is deciding to talk to Tobby about a nice shiny tranny to go behind a nice shiny crate motor...I think I hear the rusty ol gal shuddering from 100 yards down the road to my barn....:rolleyes:

Well nothing on the "Thing"....

Did get some other stuff done....after finding out the wiper motor was fubar in my Pontiac, I decided to get a new one....OPGI and Ames both wanted 450 for just the motor and 245 for the washer pump...which has been bad for a while...so...Disassembled the wiper motor (old round motor style) and did a rebuild with parts from a newer round motor pump.....working fine now...now what do I do with the inop washer pump...well went to AZ....got a replacement for a 70 monte Carlo...it is a "replacement" without the pump drive gear...has a typical universal motor mounted to a factory type plate....had to do some mod, cut it in a couple of spots to fit my old pump backing plate...Easy peasy and works like a champ....and still retains a stock look....
Then got a band saw for free...allegedly didn't work....fixed a cord issue and did some tweaks, added some wheels and handles and Bob's your uncle...works great...I'll post some pics shortly...having issues again....

Ok...we'll try this again...

in no particular order....

Attachments

• Band Saw.jpg
    Band Saw.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Old Pump on Pontiac.jpg
    Old Pump on Pontiac.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 26
  • New Washer Pump without drive.jpg
    New Washer Pump without drive.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Rebuild wiper motor on the Pontiac.jpg
    Rebuild wiper motor on the Pontiac.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 28
Now that the week is half over, I got a chance to type something in here. I got absolutely nothing done. Except a 12 hour drive to Kansas to see my newborn granddaughter, my first grandchild, simply amazing. Followed by a 12 hour drive back home. Sorry no pics, as per daughter's request.

Worth Every Minute

sixty8 my drive is 14 hours my second one turns one today and we party'd over the weekend.
The first one is great then i found out they are all great [cl, two and counting[S
Congrats on the grand-baby [cl

Attachments

• Mason B-day ONE.jpg
    Mason B-day ONE.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 9
mrs crate wanted a feed box built to keep those pesky sparrows from gorging the chicken feed....
a couple hours work, $7 for the plastic chopping board lid some hinges a few bits of fence paling, and tah -dahhhh

quite simple really, the bird stands on the bit where the rock is and the lid opens....

Attachments

• DSC_0009[1].jpg
    DSC_0009[1].jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 24
I had one of those nine day weekends. Spent the majority of it in my shop. Saturday I pushed the 39 out to see what I had created.

Then I put the hook thing in the back wall to come-along it back in.

Attachments

• P5300139.jpg
    P5300139.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 35
  • P5300152.jpg
    P5300152.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 31
  • P5300146.jpg
    P5300146.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 33
  • P5300141.jpg
    P5300141.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 30
I burned the head gaskets out of my 350 on the interstate coming back to Omaha from returning some parts at speedway.
got it home tore the engine out and found a good used 400
it never ends, now I have 3 trucks tore down.

I had one of those nine day weekends. Spent the majority of it in my shop. Saturday I pushed the 39 out to see what I had created.

Then I put the hook thing in the back wall to come-along it back in.

I think you created a winner Skip!!![cl

I prepped my truck for hauling rvs, removed my camper shell and it's lift, repaired and installed my fifth wheel hitch, installed a full width mud flap, fixed some shady wiring on my transfer tank, and washed/detailed it.

Then this evening I helped my boy with his derby car a little bit. The last time he ran it part of the factory wiring harness got cut into. Got it but connected back together once we got everything pulled off of the front of the engine to access it. Still have to patch the core support back together and fix the radiator.

Been tryin' to get a real glass windshield put in my '41 PU but it's been rainin' like a big dog here in Central Tejas. Looks like it may clear up this week... fingers crossed!!! :eek:

BoB

Saturday I got my 27 scrubbed up and ready to reinstall the engine, when the parts show up this week.

But in the meantime, this is what I ordered tonight !!! :D:D:D:D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-P...ine-/400764245043?hash=item5d4f691433&vxp=mtr

I couldn't pass up this deal, $1329.99 and free shipping for a brand new motor. I can't rebuild one this cheap. So, what am I going to use it in ? I have decided to not use the 394 Olds in the rpu project. I already have about $4000.00 or more in that motor, and it still needs remachined because the first machine shop was a flake....he did a terrible job. To have it remachined I will have to send it to Ross Racing in Ohio, and will have another $3000.00 in it before I am through.

I can retrofit this 350 belly button motor into the rpu, put a cam and tripower intake on it, and have a good running ,dependable motor that will also run cooler than that big old Olds. I know some people will hate the sbc motor, but I really don't care, I want to get this car on the road sometime in my lifetime ! :p

I'm pretty excited !!

Don

Replace head gasket in the new DD, most of last week really, what a PITA on 300 I6 ford. Then got the dropped beams and springs almost in. Rear flip this week.

Sorry no pix from the phone [S

Latest posts

Back