Fess up!!! What kinda car did you drive in High School!?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rode the bike

Had a 78 Yamaha IT 175. Enduro type bike with knobbies and such. Then had a 79 Yamaha RD 400 F Daytona Special. 2 cyl 2 stroke,many HP upgrades, scary quick and tons o fun. Had a truck too ,69 GMC 3/4 ton 4 speed . Not 4 wheel drive but went off road anyway.

just 5 years ago I had a 94 F150, My dad was original owner, I did little stuff to it. first a 2in drop in the rear, then took that off and did 2in lift springs in the front. of all the little mods I did to the truck; replacing the 3.55 gears with 4.10 gears was by far the best performance mod I did to the truck.
All my friends had new lifted trucks, but I was keepin it real. I didn't know how much I loved my first truck until I sold it for a 2002 yukon(BIG mistake) I still miss my first truck. I don't have a good pic on my comp, so a pic of a pic will have to do

IMGP0177-1.jpg

Started with a '69 El Camino. Red with black vinyl top, rusted out real bad. Had an original 327 large jounal...last year for it. Paid $275 for it. Had the car 3 months and sold it to buy a '64 impala SS. Paid $1400 for it. SS was black on black with a 350 and power glide. Upgraded tranny to a 350 turbo. Drove for over 3 years. Gradiated in '88. [ddev

1969 Mercury Marauder X-100 :D

My Dad bought it new then I got it when I turned 16.
That car is to blame for my obsession with the 429.
Wish I still had her.

Oh and the pictures were taken in my high school parking lot.

Attachments

• '69 Mercury Marauder.jpg
    '69 Mercury Marauder.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 13
Back in the Good Old Days

I graduated high school in 1965 and had a Red and white 1956 ford victoria 2 door hardtop. It had a T-Bird 312 automatic. First thing I did was get rid of that nasty automatic. I put a 3 speed overdrive with an inline floor shift. shaved the hood and deck lid , then changed the door handles to a different style, got rid of the grill and put in a tube grill I remember drag racing friends and would I would pass someone at 90mph and when I would be right beside them so they could see then shift out of 1st gear and hit second gear and be gone. Yea That was the good old days. That car would start shaking from 70 up to bout 95, then it started to smooth out and it would run up to 140. I thought this is so cool just feels like I am running on air. What I was doing was driving about as fast as my Guardian Angel could fly!! The Good Lord had a plan for me because I gave Him so many chances to snatch my little dumb ass off this earth. Now I just use cruise control set on the speed limit. Yep, Those Were The Good Old Days

I graduated in '88 and drove a '79 Buick Opel. I wish I still had it, with a small block Chevy in it. It was fun and fairly quick, it would chirp the tires going into 3rd gear. I have never seen another one like it.

Well

I graduated in 75 from St Louis Park, Mn.

Had a 57 chev and a purple jacked up 57 Ranchero but before those I lived at Tinker AFB in Okla City and drove a 70 Mustang. Long hair and combat boots... Couldnt get cooler then that. lol

Yeah, I have pictures. [cl

Attachments

• john1973.jpg
    john1973.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 19
  • john1975.jpg
    john1975.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 18
63 Galaxie, then a 65 mustang, 72 Pinto, 53 F100, 63 impala, you get the picture, and things haven;t really changed. There were probably more I;m not thinking of.

High School Cars

Graduated in 1974, Drove a 1956 ford 2 door ranch wagon with a 312 motor for a while then down sized to a 1962 falcon. I have owned 6-7 falcons since then with all of them being 1961-62 round bodies. Current falcon I've had for the last 15 years.

Not an old car but I drove a 1980 Trans Am and yes I had long hair and a gold chain. lol.. Still have the T/A. Been well over 20 years. She's a little faster than it was back in high school.
003-5.jpg

ok, mine was a 59 apache. The guys at the parts store loved me!! Traded it for a bug that I cut into a baja, bored,cammed and drove the snot out of it,had a great time. that what teenagers do!

73 firebird 250 6 banger 3 speed. got it off my sister for 300 in 76. my friend had a 69 GTO 400 dual gate and posie!

I had a 65 or 66 GTO the one with the tach. that came up through the hood, had a 389 with 400 HO heads, tri power, 411 rear end, ladder bars, 4 speed.

Threw a rod and sold it to the original owner, today the hood alone is probably worth 10 times what I sold the car for.

I cant find any pics but I finished school is 1987 my daily at the time was a 70 1/2 Camaro I picked up at a police auction, out came the 250 six and I ran it hard with a 402 big block, Primer gray with a gold Moroso air cleaner through the hood, God that car was fun, 4 speed manual could never keep tires on her. LOL

in 1965 mine was a 1941 ford 2 dr sedan in black prime,red widened 15's with baby moons. 53 merc flattie, bored,cammed,Edmund finned alum h/c heads. Offy 3 duce setup,lasalle trans,Columbia 2 spd rear. this car probably caused me more headaches the any car I have ever owned....but I really loved it.:(

1984 Nissan mini truck (even installed a tilt bed) LOL. Someone hit me head on and totaled that truck. Then a 1986 Toyota Supra till I blew the engine. The whole time I was building a 1971 Ford Torino with my pops. Sold it before finished when pops hurt his back and had no time or money to build.

Latest posts

Back