Traffic Pix

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
been awhile since my last post ,seen this the other day when I was out,I believe it to be one of the famed futureliners.......

Attachments

• futureliner.jpg
    futureliner.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 201
Good Eyes Dirty

Hey Dirty,

You're right it is one of those GM wonders a Futurliner (or Futureliner depending who you ask :confused:) - amazing thing to find.

Heres a pic of what they looked like on the "Parade of Progress"

Attachments

• pics2_1x.jpg
    pics2_1x.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 152
Futureliners were BIG

Just found this pic of the one at the National Automotive and Truck Museum of the United States with the driver exiting the cab to give you an idea of SIZE... as a rod it would make the "Peterbuilt Rod" that has been posted on the forum before look like a Hotwheels toy :D:D:D

Attachments

• pan33.jpg
    pan33.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 118
Got it in one Mr 58

both the Futureliner and the spare back end have gone to Sweden...yes I said Sweden :eek::eek: with the new owner planning to use the back end to restore the truck... check it out on http://www.futurliner.com/brad3x.htm you must have seen it just as they were getting ready to ship it out... imagine the freight bill :eek::eek:

both the Futureliner and the spare back end have gone to Sweden...yes I said Sweden :eek::eek: with the new owner planning to use the back end to restore the truck... check it out on http://www.futurliner.com/brad3x.htm you must have seen it just as they were getting ready to ship it out... imagine the freight bill :eek::eek:

right on!! great reply.....yea i must have seen it right before it was shipped,good to hear its gonna get its life back ...thanks for the info

i have a pic of this posted somewhere else, but i drove this "j" everyday for 4.5 years and used it for everything. i remember one time i got caught in a rain storm that was so hard the wipers couldn't work good enough to see. that was scary!!:eek: it got to the point i couldn't afford to drive it anymore because of the gas cost. it will only run on premium and it's got a radical 327 sbc in it. i also realized, the more i drove it, the less money i had to build my other stuff!! as a side note: i blew up 1 motor and three trans driving it over that time and a set of tires on the back and 3 sets for the front. to give you an idea of how much i drove it, it's got 47,000 miles on it in that time!! you are also right, people just don't drive their rides much anymore. it was one of my pet peves with rodders. i am thinking of putting a 2 barrel stock motor in it so i can drive again. ya i know, it's supposed to be a hot rod, but my pocket book doesn't care!! i do love to drive it though. people just get so freaked out seeing something like this. they think it's a drag car on the street.:D:D

Wel, just from hanging out on several hotrod boards for a few years, it seems there are way more guys pecking away at a build than there are out there tearing it up in their rod. Me included but my daily driver is a 1969 F-250 crewcab. I don't own anything else that runs. Hopefully by summer the rpu will be my daily but with a 460/4 speed I may have to start another more economical ride. I'm thinking a 4bt cummins in a 30s pickup, running on used cooking oil.

Do you want fries with that?

Hey can I smell fries???

Oh I was wrong its just Willowbilly3 in his Cummins powered pick up :D - all joking aside cooking oil cars are getting a lot of attention here in the UK too, their cheaper to run and greener too.

Maybe the future of rodding is in cooking oil, it would give a new reason to take your rod to a diner :D

Cool old family foto!

Not a traffic foto but while rootin' around in some old files I found this foto of my mother-in-law. License plate says 1947... way B4 my wife was born!

BoB

Attachments

• annacar47.jpg
    annacar47.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 157
I sure have been seeing the weiner-mobile a lot the last year or so, twice on I-20 in Texas and once a couple months ago on Interstate in Nebraska, I-80 I think it is.

There used to be a weinermobile parked in the neighborhood where a former girlfriend of mine's sister lived in Mesquite, TX. That was going on 15 years ago.

Faster than ME?!?!?!

I didn't take this picture... Tripper Jr sent it to me! FSTR than ME?!?!?! I'm not so sure!!! ; - >

BoB

Attachments

• fast.jpg
    fast.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 144
A beaut!!!

I saw this beautiful pearlescent white Caddy yesterday when I was down in Galveston!

BoB

Attachments

• cad1.jpg
    cad1.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 32
  • cad2.jpg
    cad2.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 36
  • cad3.jpg
    cad3.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 25

Latest posts