Motor Monday... whatcha got?!?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the Leaning Tower Of Power in my roadster pickup project. Bored, ARP rod bolts Block decked and head milled, oversize valves, reground cam, two Autolite 2 barrels on home made intake/exhaust.

Attachments

• Slantie 001.jpg
    Slantie 001.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Slantie 002.jpg
    Slantie 002.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Slantie 003.jpg
    Slantie 003.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 31
Here's the Leaning Tower Of Power in my roadster pickup project. Bored, ARP rod bolts Block decked and head milled, oversize valves, reground cam, two Autolite 2 barrels on home made intake/exhaust.

It's not cool, it's LOTTA' cool! Love it [cl

Way cool motor (engine) shots. I love 'em. BTW, the Howard's twin dragster pictured above ran at Minnesota Dragways and I took a snapshot of it with my Brownie Hawkeye.

A bit of trivia;
The dimples/humps by the plug grommets on a Hemi indicates it has adjustable rocker arms and most likely solid lifters :cool:

Ran across this the other day... never seen anything like it before! :eek:

BoB

Attachments

• V16?.jpg
    V16?.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 21
There are videos of its assembly as well. I wasn't familiar with the details of it either, turns out it's a W16, so basically two V8's on top of each other. 4 valves per cylinder for 64 valves total driven by a total of 4 overhead camshafts with variable valve timing. Once the engine is all together they attach 4 turbos to it :eek:[cl It's an incredible piece. Here's a link to an assembly video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCdSdbUhP6o

Here's the grungy 468 Big Block in my Bantam. Was built for my brother 20 years ago and never started. He gave it to me and I am building this car so it has a home.

Attachments

• latest 003.jpg
    latest 003.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 19
  • latest 004.jpg
    latest 004.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Back