Possible new project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a friend who has been trying to move two of these trucks for awhile for $600. He's is north west New Mexico if your interested Lmk. He would also part them out.

They are considered the orphan years and haven't been real popular. Even with rust issues in the footwells and cab supports, they are still the best 50s cab anyone made. Even the sorriest rusted out junkyard hulk still has doors that close nicer than any 55-59 Chevy or Dodge did when they were new.
21, I would also like to see pictures but doubt I would go that far unless it was a decent big window with a title.

I've been a fan of those 'orphan years' trucks ever since Dad bought a '60 Mercury, [even the same colour as yours] in 1964. Yours looks like it's in very nice shape, so grab it. And then show us some more pictures, please.

Well, I got it home and it's just after dark so pictures will have to wait. Rust was typical as expected. The front fenders and lower rear bed were repaired when it was painted maybe 20 some years back. Also has rust in the cab substructure towards the front. Interior is nice, all original knobs with original radio. Steering wheel has lots of big cracks and no horn ring. Now for the bad part, the last engine was a small block chevy. And even scarier is that I have a good 283 and am considering the easy cheesy route since the driveshaft is right and it has pretty new looking exhaust. Then I would have to flip it, I just don't think I could keep a Ford around with a cheby engine in it.

Then I would have to flip it, I just don't think I could keep a Ford around with a cheby engine in it.

Hahaha! Now that's just funny![cl

I guess we all have to live by our own standards... I would drive it no matter what the engine. :D

Cover the orange with Ford blue and most won't look twice.

Not sure about that, at 8 my daughter knew which end the distributor belongs in.

Attachments

• Em Spark Plug Contest 1st Place.jpg
    Em Spark Plug Contest 1st Place.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 16
Not sure about that, at 8 my daughter knew which end the distributor belongs in.

Well, most people don't. I can't really say how many times someone has asked me if the engine in my rpu is a 350. Just the other day some dork who wanted to act like he was on my level asks "350 or 400?". Me "uhm, it's a 260 Ford". Him "I didn't look that close". ????

Well, most people don't. I can't really say how many times someone has asked me if the engine in my rpu is a 350. Just the other day some dork who wanted to act like he was on my level asks "350 or 400?". Me "uhm, it's a 260 Ford". Him "I didn't look that close". ????

[S His eyes must of been closed then!

I put a 351W and a T5 into a 59 2 years ago. The mounts are a simple bolt in for that swap. You can have the SBC ones out in about 10 min...

Latest posts

Back