forum friends..and loss, more rambling

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim...Ok

It's amazing how friendships can me made on these forums,oftentimes with out ever actually meeting the other person..

We had some storms roll through here yesterday afternoon..Heavy rain and up to 85 mph winds..pretty intense little storm..blew some semi's over on the turnpike,wiped out a few trailer houses, 4 people killed..Anyway I was watching the local news last night when they announced the name of a truck driver killed in one of those blowovers..Turns out to be a "friend" of mine from one of the antique tractor boards that I frequent.. I had actually met him a few years ago at the big IH tractor show in Columbia Missouri..He took pictures of everybody there that he "knew" from the boards.. Made everyone feel like they were just long lost family, really great guy..I only had the pleasure of meeting him that one time, but did see him and waive on the highway sometimes as he drove that semi from Springfield Mo to Tulsa and back every afternoon..

I'm just sick about it and so sorry for the loss to his family and friends..
RIP Jimmy Carl King..you will be missed..

Tim

no matter how you know them, it is a hard loss anyway about. may peace come to you and the family.

bummer

sorry to hear that:(

there is a lot of people on here l never met in person, but gave me so much support when l was building jimmy's dodge truck. it was a true inspiration for me to have the ''help'' they gave us.

l call'em board friends.

l hope you feel better soon.

Later :cool:

Sorry to hear about that Tim...my condolences. I feel the same as you...another forum I frequent has the mod in the hospital with a second bout of cancer...never met him face to face but I feel as though I've always known him...very sad!

Sorry about the loss of your friend, Tim. I just saw it on the news.
Yes, people on these sites become friends. Especially RRR because of the mutual respect that is shown here.
I have been waiting for two days to hear from a good friend about his wife's health. Very anxious time and the longer I don't hear anything the more concerned I get. Not for me to pry though.

Sorry

So sorry, Tim. And, yes, I feel like I have made a lot of friends here on RRR. You folks are a special bunch. Your concern for each other extends far beyond the rods we build.

Lynn

Sorry to hear about your friend. Some people just don't get it. I see threads on other forums where a guy posts about a loss or illness or happy event in his life and some jerk will post "I thought this forum was supposed to be about cars ?" :mad:

They really don't understand that the cars are only one part of this hobby and the friends that we make become a very big part of the experience. I feel very comfortable coming on here and baring my soul when I need someone to talk with, and I feel very good when we are able to give a shoulder to someone else who is going through some issue in their life.

I honestly feel very bad for people who have no compassion for others or pets. It must be a very lonely sad life.

Don

Latest posts

Back