Jesse James Blacksmith show

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
It said 2011 on the guide but it's the first I've seen it. He went to Israel to study blacksmithing. Then went back to WCC to build a bike using some techniques. It was one of the better shows I've seen him on and the blacksmithing part is great. Not a lot of attitude either, in fact he shared some pretty personal stuff. I know he has his fair share of haters here but if you didn't have a preconceived notion about him, you would have really enjoyed the show, he's a true craftsman of the highest sort.

I have never been a fan of Jesse, solely because of his attitude. But in those two videos we recently bought he was a totally different person. There was none of his arrogance and talking down to people, in fact, he was very decent with the guys who work for him and actually very complimentary when they did stuff. I gained a little respect for him after seeing those.

There is no question the man knows how to work metal and make things, he is extremely talented. But if you look at people like Gene Winfield, Bill Hines, and a lot of other equally talented people, it shows you don't have to be a jerk just because you are good at what you do and happen to be famous.

Jesse mentioned in those videos that he is trying to change the way he is, maybe he is finally growing up, and having his butt kicked with all the bad press caught up with him.

Don

I watched it too. He's definitely toned down the attitude.

The show was still way too much about him and very little about building things. Most of the show was clips of him riding in the sunset and talking about himself. Maybe 5 minutes worth of blacksmithing stuff.

Maybe it will get better.

I wish it would get back to the building things, I think the attitude comes from his ability to be able to do the things he does. Im not so much about him, just the things he creates.

It's human nature to invalidate the material if we don't like the source. I've never been a fan of the drama but can understand some of what makes him tick, the abused childhood and rejection. That stuff just never goes away, you can only learn to deal with it. I think he might be starting to. Plus I never let idiot tv producers mold my thoughts about anyone, or at least I try not to. I've met very few people in my life who have the passion for metal work that he has, That's what I admire, forget the tv/tabloid drama crap.

I look at it this way, if it was a pain jane show with no drama, it would not have appealed to the masses. I prefer no drama, but thats not what gets ratings.

If you take someone on a scripted show(actor) and think that is how they are in real life, that's just plain ignorant. I don't condone his poor decisions outside of his shows, thats the real deal and he can be judged for those decisions.

I look at it this way, if it was a pain jane show with no drama, it would not have appealed to the masses. I prefer no drama, but thats not what gets ratings.

If you take someone on a scripted show(actor) and think that is how they are in real life, that's just plain ignorant. I don't condone his poor decisions outside of his shows, thats the real deal and he can be judged for those decisions.

Couldn't agree more DR!! Well said!!

True enough, if you trust the media enough to pass judgement on a person solely on what you get fed from them.

It's also human nature to dislike an arrogant jackhole. Foose is very talented too but you don't see any of that nonsense from him! It speaks to character!

Toad

The P-32?

2006_Foose_P32StreetFighter3.jpg

[S

Yeah, that one was a bit over the top IMO. :rolleyes: But overall I think he builds some great stuff. BTW, I heard Overhaulin' is coming back on the air. It was a good show with not the usual drama..........except for the stupid "pranks" and costumes they wore:rolleyes: Maybe they won't do that schtick this time around.

Don

My grandfather had a saying......

"I should have that guys money and he should have a wart on his behind".....

That being said, when you combine money, fame and t.v. fodder, you get people who are acting like something they are not.....my guess is that had the t.v. appearances and programming been in high gear as they are now, the old timers might have come across as the same type of people that James and some of the other builders do now....and you are right, the masses like drama and drama sells....so these people play it for the camera...the ones that don't normally are not the "focus" of the show....but merely there for their name more than there "acting like an arrogant A hole" ....

T.V.

Being an ******* has made him rich,just like the stupid argueing made the Tutals rich. I found it hard to believe that he couldn't get a bike running even with his buddies help and it wasn't cut from the show.. The thinking he is better than everybody else is not fake,he really believes it. He'll walk out on Austin Speed shop just like he has on everything else he started. Everybody knows reality tv. is fake,well at least most of us do,but his track record speaks loud and clear.

I got to see the Foose car that won the ridler a few years ago. It's just stunning a man can do that kind of work. I quit watching his show much when he had that annoying Courtney chic, just a set of boobs to make us watch the show. Like drama, tits gets the viewers.

Courtney Hansen (daughter of Jerry Hansen, a very successful sport car racer from Minnesota) was replaced by a skinny girl with small breasts after the first couple years.

Latest posts

Back