Today is 9/11.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

I didn't realize we were coming up on the anniversary of 9/11 until someone mentioned it.:( It really brought back a lot of sad memories of that day. None of us will probably ever forget where we were and what we were doing when we heard the news of the attacks. Such a bizarre,surreal week it was.

Those of us who are old enough will remember not only 9/11 but the day President Kennedy was shot. Both events changed America forever, and not for the better. :(

Let's take a moment today to remember all the innocent men, women, and children who lost their lives 11 years ago. :(

Don

Never forget.

Attachments

• images[6].jpg
    images[6].jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 3
First place of employment out of college for a Power Plant Design/Construction Engineering Firm. 87th floor, Tower 2, 1978-85, recruited and trained for the Fire Safety Team. In 1985 was elected for field assignment in Texas, which led the way to working for LP&L in New Orleans. Still have my I.D. badge and emergency responder identification button from then.

Will never forget.

Attachments

• wtc.jpg
    wtc.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 8

on my facebook pic i have had a pic of the american flag at half staff, well several flags put on there last monday and will not come down till next monday, as i will never forget.

As a firefighter we lost 343 but saved an estimated 14000 before it feel.
For all my brothers and sisters THANK YOU for your thoughts

Attachments

• 911 Flag Raising.jpg
    911 Flag Raising.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 1
I never really understood why people from the generation before me never really forgave the Japanese for the Pearl Harbor sneak attack, that is, until 9/11. They must have felt the same horror and anger that we felt when those planes hit the twin towers.

It was mentioned earlier that a lot of people who helped out in the recovery and clean up efforts are now experiencing high incidences of cancer. I guess the toxic chemicals from the jet fuel, the burning materials, and even broken flouresant lights that put tons of mercury at the site are now starting to show their effects. :(

The day it happened I would have loved to see us drop a few nukes over there and turn the mid east into a parking lot. But I know that is not really something we could ever do.

Don

If you nuke them it would be glass... Sand+extreme heat= glass... Right

This time 11 years ago I remember looking at the sky on the hood of my 83 ranger telling my friends " to look up and well never see this agian", they said "what?", I said "a sky with no air planes in it".

Latest posts

Back