A new one on me!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Ok kats & kittens... I go to a lot of car shows & have seen some really krazy things but this was *definitely* a new one on me... hahaha!!! [S

BoB

Attachments

• ropedoff.jpg
    ropedoff.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 64
Not surprised really considering the attitude of some. (The blown ego of some owners and the thoughtlessness of some viewers, particularly parents of obnoxious children)

I might do something like that at Walmart though.

Nothing new to me. I have my own stantions. I don't use them at every show mostly indoor multiple day shows. Some shows you got a bunch of people that could care less about your car.

049.jpg

Never seen those used at an outside show, but at the inside World of Wheels show in Birmingham they require some sort of deal like that. Some use rope, some use those yellow plastic chains, seen a few with those nylon ribbons. It helps keep kids and stupid people off of big $ paint jobs.....

I see it now. Obviously what Tripper was appalled by is the rope rubbing on the passenger side fender! Unbelievable!!!! :eek: Not parked squarely in the lines either! [ddd

Someone do that to their rat and see what people say.

I see it now. Obviously what Tripper was appalled by is the rope rubbing on the passenger side fender! Unbelievable!!!! :eek: Not parked squarely in the lines either! [ddd

Someone do that to their rat and see what people say.
OH yea :eek:
I see it now and the rear strap being so close to the trunk that, any kid, walking by, could get a cold beer out of his cooler [S
He could get a contributing to the delinquency of a minor charge for that [ddd
How irresponsible can you get :D

OH yea :eek:
I see it now and the rear strap being so close to the trunk that, any kid, walking by, could get a cold beer out of his cooler [S
He could get a contributing to the delinquency of a minor charge for that [ddd
How irresponsible can you get :D

I thought that was the line for the popcorn/soda station.......[S

Nothing new to me. I have my own stantions.

DMW,
I've seen plenty of stantions but have u ever seen anyone put them SO close?!? I mean... a kid could come up & hang on the rope & bang... there goes a big old ding!!! Krazy!!!

BoB

DMW,
I've seen plenty of stantions but have u ever seen anyone put them SO close?!? I mean... a kid could come up & hang on the rope & bang... there goes a big old ding!!! Krazy!!!

BoB

Yeah, the purpose of the stantions is to protect the car from others not the owner! :eek: Yup, should be out a few feet. That's why I like plastic ones too less damage when the slam into your car.

While it seems odd to do that, I sorta can understand where he is coming from. Some people are extremely thoughtless and others can't seem to control their kids or dogs.( Why people even take a dog to a car show is beyond me )

I have stopped going to a downtown show because there are tons of people riding by on bikes and skateboards, and whole families who think everything their little angels do is ok. I have seen kids climb up on running boards, slide down fenders, and teenagers, who should know better, open doors and climb in.

Don't misunderstand, I often suggest someone climb into my car when they are taking a picture of it, but I don't want them to do it on their own.

Don

I understand it too cause, I've got a couple shiny cars that I don't want the inconsiderate to damage either.
I don't use a barrier but, would have moved it farther away from the car :)

I have stopped going to a downtown show because there are tons of people riding by on bikes and skateboards, and whole families who think everything their little angels do is ok. I have seen kids climb up on running boards, slide down fenders, and teenagers, who should know better, open doors and climb in.

Don,
I was at an outside show a couple years ago where a drunk cowboy was going up & down the street getting into every car & playing like he was driving them... I couldn't believe my eyes. I was in the old Daytripper & he didn't appear interested in takin' a spin! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Latest posts

Back