1940 chevy sedan 4 door

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squeaksworld

so this weekend i am picking up a 1940 sedan as title says am curiose if there are any threads or suggestions for what i should do with this beaut i am at a lose really wanna do a street rod i think the body is a little to new to do a rat with i have plenty of rat projects going on and am in a learning curve need suggestions with rear axle will have a sbc in it with auto maybe power steering i am not looking forward to a clip on it but will if i have to looking for steering suggestions to

its me again, hope these help. and sorry for not being the most gramatical person.i got the project home or to my grandpas. well its all there minus engine and trans. the driveline is there though. it needs glass and all interior. i have all doors and 95 percent of trim and everything tell me what you think and photo ideas help out alot too

Attachments

• IMG_2614.jpg
    IMG_2614.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2618.JPG
    IMG_2618.JPG
    194.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2620.jpg
    IMG_2620.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2622.JPG
    IMG_2622.JPG
    200.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2623.JPG
    IMG_2623.JPG
    218.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2626.JPG
    IMG_2626.JPG
    184.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2629.jpg
    IMG_2629.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 27
pics and punctuation please =)
You dont speak texting?

its me again, hope these help. and sorry for not being the most gramatical person.i got the project home or to my grandpas. well its all there minus engine and trans. the driveline is there though. it needs glass and all interior. i have all doors and 95 percent of trim and everything tell me what you think and photo ideas help out alot too
What style do YOU like best? It could be built either way.

i like the 31 style ratrod sedans, but this thing is just to round to do that with. so i am thinking about street rod i havent found any rats the same year as this that look good. thats why i am asking for suggestions, if its possible to do it as a rat without it looking bad i would. it doesnt have original engine or i wood take it back to stock. so any related threads or photos wood be greatly appreciated

I know it goes against the site, but if its as complete as you say,,,, I wouldnt rat it out.

C-Top gets a red check by his name today..........:rolleyes:

Put it back together with upgrades for safety and reliability, lower it in the front and have a fun old car quick and cheap. Anything more with this style of body and the projected fun to money ratio probably won't be satisfying for the effort invested.
my2c.gif

i like the 31 style ratrod sedans, but this thing is just to round to do that with. so i am thinking about street rod i havent found any rats the same year as this that look good. thats why i am asking for suggestions, if its possible to do it as a rat without it looking bad i would. it doesnt have original engine or i wood take it back to stock. so any related threads or photos wood be greatly appreciated

Ever heard of the PUZZLE? If thats what you want, it could be done!!

Cut about two feet from the center, make it a two door.....

Anything is posiible!! Might want to be honest with yourself about skills,
and abilities, and go from there!! Don't get in over your head!! TMHO!!!

BTW, nothing wrong with going the Street Rod route either, I'm doing a
40 Chevy Coupe right now!!

I have a 1940 Olds which looks fairly similar to yours and here's what I sketched up for a rough idea of how I wanted to build it. I have 5 kids so I was planning to stick with the 4 doors.:D Not sure when or if I will ever get around to building it but I dig it.

40Oldssketch.jpg

I have a 1940 Olds which looks fairly similar to yours and here's what I sketched up for a rough idea of how I wanted to build it. I have 5 kids so I was planning to stick with the 4 doors.:D Not sure when or if I will ever get around to building it but I dig it.

40Oldssketch.jpg

that is a really good sketch and seeing it ,it really looks good rodded out rat style i am still leaning towards the one with flames higher up bu ti am downloading the pic and will debated it for awhile

That is the exact car I was looking for (40 Chevy 4dr) when I found my Olds. My plan was to chop, section, and lower it - severely in all three cases.

Latest posts

Back