Discount Tire

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob w

Still crazy after all these years!
Sort of a bad news/good news story:
My Fiat stays all winter in the back garage. Both front tires went flat. I pumped them up and one went flat quite quickly. They only have a couple thousand miles on them. I recently heard that Discount Tire will fix stuff like that for free so I thought I'd try them. Surprise, my tire was too old and company (Government ?) policy wouldn't allow them to touch it. Being a grumpy old man, even grumpier than usual with some ailments that won't go away, I told the 30-something manager that they had just lost a customer.
The young fellow stayed cool and said he would give me a free tire because he didn't want to lose a customer.
After I cooled off I took both wheels and tires back and got new tires. I apologized to the kid and got the two tires for $35.00 each.

It's good to see some 30 somethings have manners and respect their customers. [cl
bob w, good on you for not always being grumpy old guy. :D

Tires

I may be wrong, but I don't think there is a federal rule about fixing tires over 6 yrs old. It sounds like a sales trick that the dealers use to get you to buy new tires, or they are afraid to fix anything anymore. Google it.

Never been in one of their stores, none close to me, but I've bought from them online and was happy with them.

The six year limit came about after the Ford Explorer/Firestone debacle a few years ago. I can't even get truck tires over 6 years old recapped anymore,, and no one wants to fix a puncture closer than 1" to the tire edge.

Customer service still exists

Unfortunately it's not as common as it should be... I was in the market for tires a few months back and found a site Tires-Easy.com... Carry a ton of brands and had almost too good to be true prices...plus free shipping...
Ordered 4, had them two days later... Cooper's.. the guy I normally get tires from says he can't buy them as cheap as they were selling them... not blem's and they were far from outdated... (some reviews say they are 4-5years out of date), were not even close to being out of date.....so far I'm a happy camper...

Latest posts

Back