Craftsman at Lowes

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redidbull

We began this past week to start putting the Craftsman line on the shelves. They are going to do the full display in a week or 2 but some of the kits were there. Jim

Yeah sad

A number of "name brand" tools have farmed out to china and other out of country places.... such is the way of the world... not that I have to like it any...:mad:

I have some Craftsman tools, my father's set inclusive... they WERE excellent tools with no BS Lifetime Guarantee and affordable price, unlike Snap-Off or MAC. :mad:

I'm sorry to see Sears and the Craftsman brand burned in flames. 130 years of history and excellent customer service vanished... like a fart in the wind.

display

Appreciate the details redid. I've bought Craftsman since the 70's. Still happy with them. Break one, and I would take it back and get a replacement. :D

Still have my Crescent tools also, made in Jamestown, NY. :)

Our local ace hardware stores have carried craftsman for a while now. But they wont warranty any craftsman tool. You have to have proof you bought it from them. Hopefully lowes isnt that way. I do still have a hand full of there ratchets but all of them are broken

Our local ace hardware stores have carried craftsman for a while now. But they wont warranty any craftsman tool. You have to have proof you bought it from them. Hopefully lowes isnt that way. I do still have a hand full of there ratchets but all of them are broken

I am going it on Saturday and I will ask what their policy is. Jim

I've been to two local Lowe's stores in the last two days...
(don't ask :rolleyes:) and noticed the Craftsman line being
installed... asked the persons in the tool section about replacement
of tools . Was told that they would honor same as Sears policy...
they said the tool line would be in place within the next two weeks.

I noticed we had the tool boxes and larger stuf on display. I am waiting to see what they clearance to make room for the line. There have been some decent hammers and pry bars in the clearance rack but they didn't last too long. I often see stuff but don't want to spend my whole check there. :mad: Jim

Sears has been dead for a long time, they just haven't buried the body yet. They just announced they are closing 70 some stores again, and they sold off the tool line to Lowes and Ace. This is the beginning of the end of Sears.

They have not kept pace with the times. The stores are dated, the employees look like they are bored to death, and the stores are empty. When I go to our local Sears, there are 3 cars in the parking lot and the employees are leaning on washers and dryers . Their "lifetime" warranty also changed, they now give you an inferior repaired unit instead of a brand new good one.

I have a $300 floor jack that Dan gave me for a gift a few years ago, it leaked and settled down from day one. I took it back, and they said their lifetime warranty only pertains to "hand tools". I guess you do not use a jack with your hands ! :mad:

The only Craftsman tools I buy today are OLD ONES from swap meets. Their current lineup was junk.

I found out last night that Lowe's we will honor the Sears guarantee. I know the last time I took a ratchet back to sears they rebuilt it on the spot. I don't think at this time we are doing that. I haven't heard anyone being trained to do it. Jim

Latest posts

Back