47 merc

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
47merc

Running, but a lot of bugs to work on. Got a new ride to work on(66 lemans), like I need another.

47merc

Started back working on the merc. Big problem: Missing the channel or bracket on the rear of the door glass . Don't have clue what it looks like. Any help out there? Thanks Henry.

Started back working on the merc. Big problem: Missing the channel or bracket on the rear of the door glass . Don't have clue what it looks like. Any help out there? Thanks Henry.

Not sure but there may not be one. As I recall the channel that the glass slide up into just hung down. It's the one with fuzzies in it.
Post up some pics of the area if you can.
Torchie

Henry, there is the channel with the fuzzy stuff in it. Mine has a stainless steel strip at both edges, [inside the car and outside]. This car is a '48 Monarch coupe, but it should be the same.

Attachments

• IMG_1972.jpg
    IMG_1972.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1973.jpg
    IMG_1973.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1974.jpg
    IMG_1974.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1975.jpg
    IMG_1975.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 23
Thanks for the info. The brace is located by the door lock . I think I mite have found a way to make it work. Thanks henry

Trying to make my own fuzzies out of Velcro. Found a 15' x 2" roll at walmart for $20.00 , it is cheap so won't hurt to try it.

47merc

merc is running better except for vaccum to brakes. it tries to stall the motor. the larger cam must need more vaccum?

Latest posts

Back