Hello from Ft. Myers, Fl

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swflrat

Hello all. Thanks for the add. Just getting back into the classic cars and decided to do my first rat, don't know if there are any other rodders down in this area but I'm here. Anyway here's my starting project. As far as i know the people I bought it from have no idea what year it is or Model, I'm thinking its a Ford but the year I'm lost. Again thanks everybody. Imma need front suspension ideas.

Attachments

• my rat.jpg
    my rat.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 32
Welcome from lower Alabama. And there are some front end guys on here that will give you some ideas , as for the year we have a Doctor on here that can just about fix you up most of the time , if he can't the others will fill in:D gas tank dont look like a ford to me , but I have already been wrong today so ?????

Welcome from Rhode Island. I don't think it is ford either. Fuel tank and dash don't look Ford but I don't know what they are. Looks like a job for Dr. Crank.

Thanks everybody i was thinking Ford just because of the body lines but yeah i get to the dash and the back end I'm kinda lost. The Cab is currently at my brothers in Norther Minnesota thinking I'm going to head up there this next summer and build a frame and try get it rolling but don't think a week i will get it done but here's to big dreams

Hello and welcome to RRR from northern Alberta.

Can I guess? Huh? Huh?

It might be a '32 Desoto. The tail light bracket looks like my '29 Desoto. The body reveal is like a '33 Plymouth and so is the rear door exterior handle, but the front door is not suicide, so I thought it might be early '32. The dash is not like any I've seen.
This is all just guessing so until Dr. Crankenstein comes on and sets us all straight, I may be a winner.
Anyhow you are the real winner. Good start. Nice car.

Well my brother went and picked it up last night so its in climate control garage. the owner says its a dodge which i agree from the patents I have been pulling off of it, but also came across to look like a Hupp limo, or a 31 Pierce Arrow Model 41 Limo, but I'm sure its a Dodge just by this plate, and some other pics he took before he loaded it

Attachments

• patent plate.jpg
    patent plate.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 20150907_175254.jpg
    20150907_175254.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 2015090795175246.jpg
    2015090795175246.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 2015090795175316.jpg
    2015090795175316.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
One more thing anybody know where the serial number tag would be? Usually in the door jamb? I'm going to have to get this titled. And thanks for all the warm welcomes.

I believe your serial number would be on the (missing) chassis. :(

I also believe you have a 1932 Rockne (Made by Studebaker... Mac. :D)

attachment.php

RID13816.jpg

RID1385.jpg

attachment.php

studebaker-00005-2.jpg

Attachments

• Rockne - Copy.jpg
    Rockne - Copy.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Rockne 1932.jpg
    Rockne 1932.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 33
Thanks Crank helps out a lot. So if the serial is on the chassis how would I go about getting a title made on this beast. Homemade kit car? I'll have to do it in Minnesota as Florida will probably be a pain since there is not serial or info on the body.

I have no idea, though we have some Minnesota members who'd know. (I suggest you post your question in Title Q&A for better "exposure" on the board.)

Good luck and welcome again!

Latest posts

Back