A model type Roadster pick up wheelbase

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L28 rat

Hey lads,
What wheelbase are we running on our a model style (ford, chev, hybrid ,what have you) roadster pick ups ???
Ive got 2 options here 92 "or 116 "
Im thinkin the 92 "is too short , but the 116" seems to long
I can however move spring perches
So IF some of you nice lads could maybe post side views with wheelbase dimensions that would help me a bit
Oh to throw a spanner in the works, and doin my head in , im running an inline six

My Son's rpu wb is at 110.

dansrpudone.jpg

Don

hi donsrod nice truck can you give me some details on it . what type of body is it? what wheel n tires are you using? pm me if you can or email me [email protected]. im trying to build a rod i have a speedway frame just no body n looking for info on trucks like these thanks

Wheelbase?

It seems to me the wheel base is in the "eyes of the beholder". Why not mock-up the RPU in the shop. You know, the wheel location, body, engine etc. Move things around until you get what you like and go from there. The wheelbase really is what YOU think looks good. Turning radius, steering geometry etc. is the only issue and sometimes those things can be dealt with by simply putting up with the quirks. Safety is the most important aspect of a build. The rest is personal. I am running an inline 6 and my wheelbase is 132 1/2 inches. My 2 bits worth so get to it and have fun. Steve

thanks don very kool im thinking about 600/16 frnt an 700/16 rear on mine . but i like the look of your sons truck

Latest posts

Back