Barn "Find" Not Lost

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skip

My buddy was checking on his neighbors place, and took a couple shot if this little beast. All there, runs, drives, and he doesn't know if it is for sale. Only about 1000 produced. 1939 Studebaker Coupe Express.

~

~

You did?

I sent that very pic to my buddy when I told him what it was. After i hunted it down. At first I was thinkin' Lincoln, but they didn't make pickups back then. Then something rattled in my head and I thought, 40 Studebaker! I was one year off.

At one point all 3 of the independent car makers( Nash. Hudson and Studebaker
We’re producing pick up based on their car front sheet metal.
Hudson’s seems to be the only one that picked up with it again after the war.
Any of these 3 makes of pickups would be a find. But especially a Stude or a Nash.
And truthfully in my eyes they were all better looking then the pick ups the Big 3 where turning out.
Torchie

At one point all 3 of the independent car makers( Nash. Hudson and Studebaker
We’re producing pick up based on their car front sheet metal.
Hudson’s seems to be the only one that picked up with it again after the war.
Any of these 3 makes of pickups would be a find. But especially a Stude or a Nash.
And truthfully in my eyes they were all better looking then the pick ups the Big 3 where turning out.
Torchie
I can attest to the fact that Ford was making some ugly trucks around that time. :D

Latest posts

Back