Anyone cut metal parts from CAD drawing?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpmachado

I have a dxf of some steering arms I need cut. I'm looking for someone who runs either a water-jet or laser machine that can do 7/8" to 1" thick plate. I had these quoted locally and it was way out of my range ($240). This is just too much for me to pay for a set of steering arms. It may be that nobody can run the machine at a lower cost which I understand. I'm not looking for a favor. However, I'm just throwing this job out there to make sure somebody can let me know one way or another.

Thanks
JP

at that thickness you are more likely going to have to water jet them...

I can't do anything that thick. water jet or laser would be cleaner but a machine that size would be expensive to run. even a plasma system that big will be expensive.

say what!!!

Hi
Find a local shop the cuts granite counter tops they use water jets and you may get a better price. You will need to supply the steel!

Have fun
Tom

We cut parts all the time from a DXF file. But we can't cut 7/8 or 1". 3/8" is the thickest we can do.

What are you building that has to have steering arms that thick? Must be a rock climber or something like that.

I have some stuff done at another shop that has a waterjet and they can cut 6" thick. If you want to send me a print of what you need I can get a quote from them for you.

Email them to [email protected]

.010 or .012 wire in an EDM machine will burn through 1" material with out breaking a sweat and leave you a nice finsh too....just gotta find a machine shop with an EDM

Latest posts

Back