The Day Tripper for sale!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sold a rolling frame "good deal" the buyer said it was fair but could not haul a frame so I moved it. Just saw it 2 &1/2 times he paid and could deliver for a fee. I got my money and someone got ripped off so what

that doesnt **** you guys off?
id be angry.

It doesn't bother me! Good for him if he can sell it for that but I can't believe he painted it black & the Radir's red but he paid for & can do with it what he wants. I'm busy workin' on my current project!

BoB

It doesn't bother me! Good for him if he can sell it for that but I can't believe he painted it black & the Radir's red but he paid for & can do with it what he wants. I'm busy workin' on my current project!

BoB

Good attitude. There's nothing you can do about it...Doesn't mean they'll get their asking price either!:eek:...CR

I don't know what all the fuss is about. It's called free enterprise. Buy low, sell high. Capitalism at it's best. And why should anyone be mad? If you thought it was worth more, you should have sold it for more money. If he can get more for it, good for him. Means he made a good financial investment.[cl

What was he thinking on painting those Radirs? :eek: I agree, why should it bother Bob? I just saw a thread on another forum where a guy bought a car, did a little work on it, and sold it for a nice profit. Then the guy he bought it from calls him up and chews him out for ripping him off!! WHAT??? How did he rip him off? The PO sold it for what he wanted, and the next guy just got a little more for it. That is how it works guys.

Bob has the right attitude, the new owner can take a match to it for all he cares, it's his now to do as he pleases.

Don

We see that all the time in the real estate biz. Someone sells their home & the new owners change the paint color or something, then the old owner says... "Look what they've done to my house"!!! Wrong... you sold u're house! Now it's... their house!

BoB

So here we go again greed is good. There are a lot of good deals out there but this flipping stuff just to make a quick buck is killing the free market. I believe thats why every thing is going through the roof and north america cant afford to keep its own people working. Its cheaper to manufacture goods off shore to keep making profit. We are part of the problem and only we can be part of the solution. Sorry for the rant but what has been going on in all markets is going to bite us in the end and it wont be fun when all the $$$ you make isnt worth ****.

just thinking back when I was growing up people who were over priced were jeered at and disrespected as greedy scum the type of people your parents told you to stay away from. Now the greedy have become heroes no wonder we are in trouble.[ddd

Flipping stuff is the free market! And $8k for that car is not over priced IMO.

Anyway went to a swap meet today and saw the "Day Tripper" live and in person. If I had an extra $8k I would have picked it up. Cool car Tripper. But why did he paint the Radirs red?????

Last edited:
Almost everything is bought low by someone and resold at a higher price. That $10 shirt from walmart, you dont think they payed the same price as their selling it for.

That's the American dream isn't it? Buy someone else's stuff and turn it over to another for a profit![cl I must be doing houses all wrong then![S..CR

A friend of mine pleaded with me to sell him a finished Model sedan that I built. Said he needed a back seat so his kids could go to events. I gave him a really, really good deal. Three months later he decided it didn't fit his needs and sold it for almost double. Made me pretty angry, but I got over it, in 20 years.
Then, I realized that I was mainly angry at myself for selling it for less than I should have asked.

well, i don't like the red wheels, but the guy never asked my opinion!

this happened to me on my project 52 f-1... the guy bought it (for what i wanted out of it) he puts a few dollars into it and then sells it...(for a decent profit) ... the next guy still got what HE wanted for a price HE was willing to pay....i think we ALL won on that one :D[cl
don't see how we can claim a "ripoff" when we agree to a sale and get paid-no matter what the next guy does with it

i also understand your deal, too bob w....when we get a "hard luck story" and try to help a guy and then get took advantage of is a totally different situation...it's happened to me & really hacks me off

A friend of mine pleaded with me to sell him a finished Model sedan that I built. Said he needed a back seat so his kids could go to events. I gave him a really, really good deal. Three months later he decided it didn't fit his needs and sold it for almost double. Made me pretty angry, but I got over it, in 20 years.
Then, I realized that I was mainly angry at myself for selling it for less than I should have asked.

That's a lot different... I'd have been mad at that too!

BoB

Latest posts

Back