Power Cowl Vent?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vacuum motor from a hiding headlight system, or the vac motor that was used on the heat riser exhaust valve. GM/chevy even had a pushrod incorporated into the ones they used on the pick ups years ago.

autolok sells power actuators cheap , you won't need a very large one so that will keep the cost down . They have adds in every streetrodder magazine

I was thinking of using a damper acuator from a newer AC unit off a chevy truck or a power lock acuator but I think it will be a to quick and jerky.

headlight motor from a vette, or a firebird (82-02) that would work and used ones are cheap. I think I have some and the relay box to run them if you want them.

Why not put a wiper motor on it then it will open and close all the time. Then put teeth on it and letter eat![ddev

Attachments

• L34.jpg
    L34.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 4
Caddys used to have a power trunk latch that slowly lowered the trunk lid the last little bit. I'm not sure how the mechanism works, but it might be something to look at.

Latest posts

Back