Bedford Rat Rod?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To Bedford or not?

Wow you guys down under have to watch what you end up building. Man I hope it never comes to that in the states. Maybe all you gearheads should get together and start an organization like SEMA. We are lucky enough to have it here. The after market products industry is so big that we (gearheads) have representation that presents appropriate legislation so everyone can be safe and still build our rides. Something to think about anyway. In the mean time keep on building what you can and have fun. Congratulations on all your builds and for over coming your diversity. Steve

Wow you guys down under have to watch what you end up building. Man I hope it never comes to that in the states. Maybe all you gearheads should get together and start an organization like SEMA. We are lucky enough to have it here. The after market products industry is so big that we (gearheads) have representation that presents appropriate legislation so everyone can be safe and still build our rides. Something to think about anyway. In the mean time keep on building what you can and have fun. Congratulations on all your builds and for over coming your diversity. Steve

Yeah we certainly have some shocking rules over here
Its that great that although something is legal or able to be driven and engineered in one state, cross the state border and youll get nailed as it wont pass that states laws
Theres been talk for as long as i can remember we have one uniform code for the whole country but as yet ,well nothin

Yeah we certainly have some shocking rules over here
Its that great that although something is legal or able to be driven and engineered in one state, cross the state border and youll get nailed as it wont pass that states laws
Theres been talk for as long as i can remember we have one uniform code for the whole country but as yet ,well nothin

Actually the situation is caused by the separate state bodies all thinking they can rule the roost within their state jurisdiction. But there is provision within Aussie law to pull the bureaucratic nongs into line. A car that is roadworthy and registered in one state MUST be registered in another state if the owner so desires, it all has to do with interstate trade laws that override the individual state laws. It may possibly need a Test case in Court to do it but a good strong determined threat may do the job as the bureaucrats involved will probably lose face when they are done in Court and perhaps this loss of face could mean their own state governments might sack or discipline them for embarrassing the government of the day.

Sooner or later the bureaucrats may pee off someone who will take the legal action that is needed to ensure fair and reasonable treatment of all motorists (read car club members) across Australia.

I just hope they don't pee me off as I really would prefer not to get involved in a bull crap war even though I know I would win it. I'd much rather enjoy myself cruising around in my rod all over Oz.
But if crap happens.............[ddd

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back