My 40 Dodge Truck Build - Maybe a 41 LOL

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man you had the market cornered on the rust but, looks great now
Most of the time the rear kickup is 10" to get over the axle.
If you do a Z frame the front is usually 6" and the back 16". This'll give ya a starting point.
Bruno's truck is out of site :cool:
[P[P[P

Thank you! When you say 10" Is that 10" over the rear tubes..... with 16" being the total?

Yes.... Bruno whole set up is tits!

Thank you! When you say 10" Is that 10" over the rear tubes..... with 16" being the total?

Yes.... Bruno whole set up is tits!

Yes on the 10" with 16" as the total.
The rear kickup is determined by the front kickup. 4" front 14" rear, 6" front 16" rear etc.
Then ya have the extreme like on the 53 AD build I m doing which is 8 in the front and 26 in the rear.

attachment.php

Yes on the 10" with 16" as the total.
The rear kickup is determined by the front kickup. 4" front 14" rear, 6" front 16" rear etc.
Then ya have the extreme like on the 53 AD build I m doing which is 8 in the front and 26 in the rear.

attachment.php

Thank you for that Old Iron. There's a lot of knowledge here and that's a cool looking frame. This poses another question..... Why so extreem on that frame. Wouldn't that set the motor way high in that engine bay? Dittio on the Bed?

I suppose I'd be 4 / 14....

Thanks!
Couper

Total performance was taken over by Speedway Motors. They don't have all of the parts that TP sold. I didn't buy a front end kit but pieced it together from different parts and companies. I'll get out my old bills and see if i can come up with some part #s.

Total performance was taken over by Speedway Motors. They don't have all of the parts that TP sold. I didn't buy a front end kit but pieced it together from different parts and companies. I'll get out my old bills and see if i can come up with some part #s.

That would be very helpfull! T
Thanks!

The reason for the extreme rear section is the customer wanted it that way.
The engine isn't high in the frame at all.

attachment.php

Somewhat off topic but related to my build. Pictured is the surface plate of the welding table I'm fabricating. One of our machinists is running the plate on a CNC. Holes are 5/8" every 2" on center to accept the bar clamps and stops. Legs are adjustable at 24", 30, & 37"....low stool, bar stool and standing. Glad to be finally getting this done. Darn MPEG wont load here. Looks like you only get pics of the legs for now.

Attachments

• KIMG0001.jpg
    KIMG0001.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 24
  • KIMG0006.jpg
    KIMG0006.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 25
  • KIMG0010.jpg
    KIMG0010.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 23
I've been looking at a lot of frame pictures and have a question. I ran across this frame where the z is up front at the spring mount versus behind the motor. Are there any pro's or cons with this? BTW not my frame.... looks ugly

Thanks

Attachments

• P9090003.jpg
    P9090003.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 38
Here's a picture of my small welding table... It's 30 x 36. I'm a little side tracked for the next couple / three weeks. I'm kicking out a side wall on my garage. I badly need the extra room.

Attachments

• DSCF3854.jpg
    DSCF3854.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 29
I've been looking at a lot of frame pictures and have a question. I ran across this frame where the z is up front at the spring mount versus behind the motor. Are there any pro's or cons with this? BTW not my frame.... looks ugly

There's not a set in stone method or place where a Z has to be installed.
That does keep the frame all the same level if they are going to use air bags to lay frame.

Thanks

Here's a picture of my small welding table... It's 30 x 36. I'm a little side tracked for the next couple / three weeks. I'm kicking out a side wall on my garage. I badly need the extra room.

Nice welding table.
I've been gonna do one for my shop but just keep putting it off.

Thanks

I've seen this done before. Just another way of getting things lower. I've never heard of it being a problem.
[P [P [P
Torchie

I've done the front frame kick up from the firewall to just behind the tie rod. Do what looks best to you.

I noticed I posted this in your comment and when I quoted you it looked like your comment :D:p
There's not a set in stone method or place where a Z has to be installed.
That does keep the frame all the same level if they are going to use air bags to lay frame.

Hi Guys.... Just checking in to let you know I am alive :eek:). Hope you guys are safe and healthy. All is well here but this garage expansion was a lot of work for my old azz. It's looking great and the extra space is going to be awesome. I've repainted the whole garage, changed the color and put an 8" strip all around the walls. Got a few more cabinets, moved the overheads I had and changed out the rest of the lights to LED's. Today I epoxy coated the floor gray with the colored flecks. Brought my Dakota and motorcycle back home from my sons and I should have everything back in order by Monday. Hoping to get the legs welded on my welding table and get back on the truck. I did get the door from Illinios and it's decent. Looking forward to getting back on the cab. I'll shoot you guys some pictures of the garage once I'm wrapped up. Couper

Latest posts

Back