Hercules

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While hanging out on the coast for the holidays, I scored a decent 390 short block for cheep, bored 30 over, reputedly low mileage. Bores and bearings look good so with a little freshening up, it should be a good replacement for the old 360. I've already got a lumpy cam and kit for it so it should give the Herc a bit of a boost in HP. Also picked up a 9" pumpkin with the 2.75 gears I was looking for so I just have to swap the gears to my posi.
Spring project all lined up....:)

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0653.jpg
    IMG_0653.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0654.jpg
    IMG_0654.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 22
Just got home from Yuma and it was a decent day so I took the Herc out for a putt. Tomorrow I'm going to pull the diff apart and do the gear change to the 2.75, a little crowded in there...

Attachments

• IMG_0658.jpg
    IMG_0658.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0660.jpg
    IMG_0660.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0664.jpg
    IMG_0664.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0661.jpg
    IMG_0661.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 0
Did the Hennway come back with you too?

Herc is looking good!
No, the Hennway is staying in Arizona till fall when I'll take the Herc back down there - gotta keep people guessing....:unsure:
Need to blast through the upgrades on the Herc for improved summer cruising and to get back on the Packard.

Drove it today with the 2.75 rear gear, what an improvement! The granny low 1st gear is usable now, I can drive it like a regular 4spd except 1st is non syncro - no big deal. Plus highway revs are now way down, better long distance cruising. :giggle:
The 'ol 360 comes out tomorrow to make way for the 390.....

Latest posts

Back