Magic Wrap!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05snopro440

If you do any driving at all with your vehicle, do yourself a favor and buy a roll of Magic Wrap for each of your vintage vehicles and throw it in the glove box.

We discovered it when my dad blew a rad hose on a Sunday evening on a road trip about 12 years ago. I went into town and the hardware store had it. It works great and becomes part of the hose once the hose heats back up!

It's a shame more people don't know about it.

Many hardware stores carry it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1552410199148.jpg
    FB_IMG_1552410199148.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 113
SnoPro, I'd like to underline your tip and expand on it. Carry Magic tape in ALL of your vehicles. I carried self sticking tape with me in the big trucks and it saved my bacon a few times. Most of my work took me off road----way off road--- and I couldn't just stop in the nearest town and get something fixed.
That Magic Tape is good stuff.

i used a tape product here to wrap 4" down my wooden hammer handles.. -from beneath the head
( worked the same way but to insulate big volt outdoor electric cables )
not sure if im a rough body man but have saved myself alot of $$ having to replace handles and or panel hammers..
crate

SnoPro, I'd like to underline your tip and expand on it. Carry Magic tape in ALL of your vehicles. I carried self sticking tape with me in the big trucks and it saved my bacon a few times. Most of my work took me off road----way off road--- and I couldn't just stop in the nearest town and get something fixed.
That Magic Tape is good stuff.

I had originally wrote that but thought most of our dailies are reliable enough not to need it. You're right though. I'm glad you agree, that stuff is really good stuff that few seem to know about.

When I wrote my original post I realized I need to pick up a roll to put in each of my vehicles. Right now I only have it in my 46.

Last edited:
i used a tape product here to wrap 4" down my wooden hammer handles.. -from beneath the head
( worked the same way but to insulate big volt outdoor electric cables )
not sure if im a rough body man but have saved myself alot of $$ having to replace handles and or panel hammers..
crate

I hadn't thought of that, but the website lists grips for sporting equipment as a use for it, good call!

http://www.uteck.com/magic-wrap/

Latest posts

Back