'39 Ford tudor cowl dimensions

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raj4851

Hey guys, I just registered on your website today. Neat site! I have a question about cowl dimensions on a '39 Ford tudor sedan, standard model. I'm putting the body on an S10 Blazer chassis. I bought the body and already had the frame. Anyway, I have to have the frame narrowed at the cowl, front rocker area. I think it's got to be 38 inches wide or less. Can anyone confirm the inner dimension of the cowl panel and front rockers? Am I on the right track? Thanks in advance, Rod

Welcome raj, sounds like you have an interesting project on your hands. Sorry I can't confirm that measurement for you but I have seen that done before. However, I'd like to ask a question and offer some advice. Are you going full fendered? If not I would suggest that you stay away from the S10 frame. Now this is just my humble opinion, but to me building these cars is all about proportions, you know........ the look. I don't think your going to be happy with the look if you have all that bulky front suspension hanging out in front of that nice slim body unless you cover it with fenders. If your going to go fenderless, it would actually be easier to build your own frame from 2x4 tubing and go with a straight axle front end. Then you can build something that will fit your car right from the start. Good luck, and lets see some pics.

Thanks, roddguy

Hi roddguy, Thanks for the thoughts. Yes, I'm going with fenders. Another guy did this and narrowed the frame and it apparently fit well. It sure looked good. He just didn't remember how much he narrowed the frame. I just want to make sure I narrow the frame enough to clear my lower cowl panels. Thanks again, Rod

Latest posts

Back