1 ton dodge axle

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dodgewade

I have a 1 ton axle under a 68/69 W-300 motor home. Wondering if anyone had every changed such to disc brakes? Plan to use under a rat rod.

Thought about using some 3/4 ton stuff.

I haven't done a disc brake conversion on that particular axle, but I have done it on GM 10 bolt. Do you have a specific question?

Front axle I should probably add. Man, I'm losing it. Got CRS, Can't remember s... tuff

Question is; Anyone have any information on converting the one ton front axle to disc brakes?

Motorhead - I assume your referring to a rear end? Since I have not taken it apart, I don't have a clue about the size of the spindle, but thinking out loud it may be very similar to a 1/2 ton.

32 - Have not measured the axle yet, but I would think it's not much wider than a pick up axle since the motor was built on a one ton chassis.

If I can convert this axle to disc with a five lug pattern, I will run a 9" Ford rear. Thought about trying to use 3/4 ton disc. I have seen how to swap a one ton rear over to disc.

Thanks,

Latest posts

Back