SBC 350 Higher?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skittle

Hey guys I have a SBC 350 that I am building and I want to give it more height, but I am poor to put it nicely and dont have the money to slap on a super charger or a fancy blower system. Is there any way I can get it sitting higher to have poke above "hood line"? Thanks in Advance

I use to fight the rust, but now I embrace it!

tunnel ram

swap meet/craigslist/e bay for a cheap tunnel ram, run one carb for simple and cheaper linkage, BUT with mild engines there won't be much bottom-end go-go juice and be sluggish on acceleration.

link to good info on TR systems:

http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34472

Later :cool:

Attachments

• tunnen ram.jpg
    tunnen ram.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 19
  • tunnen ram.jpg1.jpg
    tunnen ram.jpg1.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 18
  • tunnen ram.jpg2.jpg
    tunnen ram.jpg2.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 16
  • tunnen ram.jpg3.jpg
    tunnen ram.jpg3.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 19
  • tunnen ram.jpg4.jpg
    tunnen ram.jpg4.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 19
poor man's tunnel ram, a cheap high rise and a 2" carb spacer. easier to tune and will run better on the street. i'm not saying no to a tunnel ram on the street but they can be a monster.

Thanks skull didnt even know about tunnel rams. Hard to find one with a single carb set up. I did find a few of the high rise intakes and could put on a 2" spacer like troadster said and with a large air scoop I may be in luck. I am curious what toad said about building my own although...more info would be welcomed.

Old iron.. thanks for the outlook, getting pretty deep for a rat rod site lol. I am self empoyled with 3 young kids and a wedding coming up so broke would better describe my life right now im hoping poor doesnt come later lol. But I became self employed because a job which means (Just Over Broke) wasnt cutting it. Thanks again guys.

Thanks skull didnt even know about tunnel rams. Hard to find one with a single carb set up. I did find a few of the high rise intakes and could put on a 2" spacer like troadster said and with a large air scoop I may be in luck. I am curious what toad said about building my own although...more info would be welcomed.

Have a good look at local classifieds and swap meets. Around here a single carb tunnel ram setup is much easier to find that a dual carb setup. I also live in a colder climate where they're annoying for street use, though. Many were made with an interchangeable top adapter for either dual or single carb.

Skittle, I understand.
I raised a boy and a girl, self employed and one broken arm or leg away from bankruptcy twice a week :)
You have my full support on your build!!!!!!!!!!
[cl :cool: [P

Latest posts

Back