Power rack

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What you need to look for is one that most closely matches the mounting points of the lower A arms to the inner joints of the rack. The idea is that they pivot at near the same distance apart so that the tie rods will move in a similar arc to the lower A arms, to prevent bump steer.
From what I've seen in online pics, the lower A arm mounts are pretty close together, so it is going to be something of a compromise. I found a similar problem with a G body front end on my 34 Caddy, I used a Ford Explorer rack and at extreme compression and extension of the suspension it would toe in some what.
However you will also need a rear steer rack, so the typical Mustang/Explorer won't work for you, try looking in the boneyard at some FWD GM cars and get the pump that goes with the rack too, to ease the install.

I think you mean IFS?

look at a power steering rack from a 88-93 cavalier they have tie rods mounting in the center of rack and mount on each end to the bottom of your frame.

there a couple of web sites that show you how to set it up, including drawings of the brackets

Latest posts

Back