Newbie in Missouri

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lfgt

Hello, My name is Jim. I am 45 years old. I live in central Missouri. I have joined this forum because I have decided that it is finally time that I do a project for myself. I have wanted to build a car for years, but I have put family needs ahead myself like many of us do. I have begun to turn into a GRUMPY old fart that works all the time, and has no personal "hobby" to help themselves unwind. I have looked around the forums and like the community I see here.

I have not settled on a vehicle yet. I am a GM man. My father owned a dealership and passed in 72. I have located a few 53 5 windows, and a 49 deluxe coupe. Both are well worth it to restore, but neither is screaming at me.

My auto skills are somewhat weak. I have never rebuilt a motor,or transmission, but I am a machinist. I have a Bridgeport, two lathes, sandblaster, beadblast cabinet, welders, shop press, etc. I have helped many work on their projects, but never my own.

Thanks
Jim

Welcome, I'm from MO as well and also a GM man. Since you've got equipment and fab skills you're in good shape to build a car. Good luck and have fun!

Welcome to the site. I believe it is better for most people to find "THE" project for themselves. It keeps you motivated to keep working on it, and it means more to you in the end.

Welcome to the site, I agree your best bet is to be patient, look around and the project for you will show up and most likely in the least expected place.

welcome to the RRR! you will eventually find that perfect pile of rust that you feel is calling your name...others may wonder what you see in it, but you will know it is the "one" i believe...
when ya find it, let us in on the fun...we'll be waiting[P

Latest posts

Back