2003 Road Glide project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailhead

I’ve been looking for a new protect and ran across a Harley Road Glide in Facebook. It was cheap due to a lot of cosmetic damage. It was a full bagger and I’m going to bob the hell out of it. I’m going to need a few parts. I’ve got a buddy that has already offered some parts including some stock handle bars to replace the gawd awful 18” ape hangers.

Missing parts I’m looking for is the front shifter shaft along with the shift levers that go on each end of it. Anybody have any of these parts in you Hog stash?

Actually I mis-spoke. It’s a Road King not a road glide. It’s also been bumped up to 106 ci and has Williams cams and a open primary belt drive.

Last edited:
Looks like you have your work cut out for you.[P. I've got an 05 ultra. As a side note I've twisted 2 crankshafts in it and a friend twisted one. If the lower end is noisy on the cam side do yourself a favor and check for run out of the pinion shaft. When they go bad it wipes out the oil pump.

Been making some progress. Got the bike fired up after chasing wiring gremlins. No oil pressure. Replaced oil pump and cam chain tensioners and it looks like it will be a runner. One of my old riding buddies gave me an exhaust system, handle bars, shifter, clutch and brake levers and some turn signals. Hope to have it on the road in the spring

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back