bored

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To a long lasting retirement.

To all you guys that have retired or are coming up on it. First congratulations. Now try not to over do it. You have worked real hard to get here. It would be a shame to waste all that time getting here. My grandfather retired at 58 yrs old and died a year later. He worked harder on projects and setting up his farm after he retired than when he had a regular truck driver job. I think he did himself in. I turned 58 this spring and plan on lasting a lot longer than him or my father did.

To all you guys that have retired or are coming up on it. First congratulations. Now try not to over do it. You have worked real hard to get here. It would be a shame to waste all that time getting here. My grandfather retired at 58 yrs old and died a year later. He worked harder on projects and setting up his farm after he retired than when he had a regular truck driver job. I think he did himself in. I turned 58 this spring and plan on lasting a lot longer than him or my father did.

I lost my dad when he was 58, never got to it. I took mine at 63 1/2, (40 years in manufacturing and plant engineering) but I still washed dishes part time at a country club until I was 67.

Now I discovered that a limb broke off a laurel oak and is laying on my shed that has the car parts in it. So I got some work to do, which requires the dreaded ladder, and chain saw. They call it RE-tired...because you get tired again.[S #NeverBored...

Edit: on second thought, the hell with it. Too hot, no damage.

Attachments

• IMG_2136.jpg
    IMG_2136.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2137.jpg
    IMG_2137.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I lost my dad when he was 58, never got to it. I took mine at 63 1/2, (40 years in manufacturing and plant engineering) but I still washed dishes part time at a country club until I was 67.

Now I discovered that a limb broke off a laurel oak and is laying on my shed that has the car parts in it. So I got some work to do, which requires the dreaded ladder, and chain saw. They call it RE-tired...because you get tired again.[S #NeverBored...

Edit: on second thought, the hell with it. Too hot, no damage.

Might be a kid in the neighborhood that would do your ladder work for a few bucks Laz.

If it makes you new retirees feel any better, I worked for the same company for 31 years and retired 19 years ago. I used to notice the same thing as mentioned before...seems like people work all their lives to be able to kick back and want to enjoy not having anything to do. And then gone..that sux! Figure out what you like to do then do it about 90% of your time. And stay busy!

I retired almost 10 years ago and I still go out to the shop everyday because, other than my projects, we have other peoples projects that we build too.

Latest posts

Back