To my Florida neighbors

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you ever had serious damage from hurricanes personally SF? I used to dodge tornados in Missouri.

Eman, I'm just into my 32nd year out here. I've been through countless storms and I don't want to tempt fate, but the only time I suffered any real building damage was during a hurricane the went right thru here(can't remember the name). The damage was to my barn. All it amounted to was blowing out 4 sheets of fiberglass panels I had used for overhead natural light. I replaced them with tin roof matching the rest and haven't had any damage since. Granted, I've had wind damage involving trees which I really hate to lose and some flooding issues during a few that made passage difficult back here, but I've been extremely lucky! In those years, not counting short term power loss, I've lost power 3 times. The first time was not a hurricane but what experts called the "Storm of the Century" and my power was out for 5 days. Irma put me out for 8 days and Ian let me down for 11 hours. The storm of the century despite what experts said, was actually a huge tornado. It left a mile wide stretch of devastation across 3 counties. Killed more people than this storm and some were my friends and customers. Again, I've been lucky!

Latest posts

Back