Hercules

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mounted the box today, rear member is a piece of 2x2, bolted from the backside. Front panel made and bolted to the posts from behind also, a 1" tubing top edge. The bead rolled detail is up high because the bed floor will be just below it.

attachment.php
attachment.php

More bead roller madness :rolleyes: The Flying H of Death :eek::cool:
Because the throat of my bead roller is only 18", I had to make the tailgate center panel only 36" long or I couldn't get to the center :mad:. I'll have to create some kind of surround to fit it into the
tailgate.....[S

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4032.JPG
    IMG_4032.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4033.JPG
    IMG_4033.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4031.JPG
    IMG_4031.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 49
then, when all is done, you need to figure out some kind of frame to fit the whole truck in, cause it`s a proper work of art. :)

Thanks guys! An old hotrodder friend came by a few days ago and upon seeing what I'm building, told me that this is not normal, asked if I'm taking direction from the Dark One. [ddd
I said "no Grasshopper, it's just an expression of free thought..." - then I made the tailgate panel... :rolleyes::eek:

Another day of welding and grinding has produced a tailgate, yet to be mounted. 1" tube top and bottom, 1/8" plate on the ends. Made a couple filler panels to frame the center panel and make it more interesting to look at I think. Also made an inside panel to make it look more like a real 'gate, no fancy beadrolling on the inside, just a perimeter line.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4038.JPG
    IMG_4038.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_4035.JPG
    IMG_4035.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4037.JPG
    IMG_4037.JPG