thoughts on truck for sale with a title

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airplane_Tom

Ok I was surfing Craigslist and found a 1936 Chevy truck in Iowa. The ad says it has a 1936 Chevy title and he can't confirm its the title for that truck. I live in Missouri and I want to know what exactly could this lead to if I get it or should I just forget about it?

If the title and vin dont match do a "title 42" mechanics lien on it and get a fresh title.Thats the best way in OK for titling stuff found in pastures and gulleys.LOL

Tom we most definately have to have a title, bill of sale and an OD/ID from an inspection station or from the HiPo in Missouri when a vehicle is purchased out of state.
If the vehicle price is not in question the bill of sale does not have to be notorized.
Example: if the bill of sale says you bought a 2010 Camaro for $500 then you will be required to have a notorized bill of sale to prove the price.

I have never figured out these folks that are selling something that say, it comes with a 19?? title. Or, it comes with a title from another 19?? car/truck. WTF? Either the title is the right one, with MATCHING NUMBERS, or it's Not any Good for THAT CAR/TRUCK! What good is a title if the numbers don't match?

I'm glad we don't have that problem here. 74 and earlier never had to have a title here, and still don't.

Latest posts

Back