Little setback here.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to everyone, Bob, they have me on Xarelto too, whew ! $ over $400 a month ! A lot of car parts there ! :D

Last night, I turned the corner. I feel great, and have had enough of this controlling my life, time to take it back. When I think of what I am going through, and what someone like Bill (Gastrick) has been going through, I feel like such a little wimpy baby. That man has courage and is fighting and winning over some REALLY serious health issues. He is the one I respect here, not me.

But my vitals are all good, I am breathing easier, and today is day one of a 30 day plan I have to get back to where I was before this all happened. I need to give my family, even my exwife back their lives. Dan has been here for me 24/7, as we live together, and Don visits almost every night. Nancy is an RN, and her help has made a huge difference. I owe all of them big time.

Take care, guys. I am enjoying reading all of your threads. Must be nice to be actually building cars and stuff ! :D:D

Don,
Call your doctor's office or clinic and find out about getting financial help. I paid a lot for the starter kit and now $10/month. You don't have to be financially needy. I went to a hematologist at a local hospital for consultation and they had a staff person who specialized in handling deals like that.
Xarelto not only works good it gives you peace of mind that something bad won't happen.

Family support is priceless. Although I know Don snuck off to the Caribbean for a bit.:D

Good to hear you are feeling better. I have dealt with blood clots and they need to be watched but they also have some much better meds for treating them now.
There is help out there for scripts, as bob pointed out. You just need to take the time to fill out the reams of paperwork in triplicate.:eek:
I have been talking with a friend that just had quintuple (Yes that's 5 :eek:) bypass as well as a valve replacement. He's two weeks out from surgery and looks better every time I see him.
Stay strong and positive and keep moving forward.
Torchie

Thanks to everyone, Bob, they have me on Xarelto too, whew ! $ over $400 a month ! A lot of car parts there ! :D

Last night, I turned the corner. I feel great, and have had enough of this controlling my life, time to take it back. When I think of what I am going through, and what someone like Bill (Gastrick) has been going through, I feel like such a little wimpy baby. That man has courage and is fighting and winning over some REALLY serious health issues. He is the one I respect here, not me.

But my vitals are all good, I am breathing easier, and today is day one of a 30 day plan I have to get back to where I was before this all happened. I need to give my family, even my exwife back their lives. Dan has been here for me 24/7, as we live together, and Don visits almost every night. Nancy is an RN, and her help has made a huge difference. I owe all of them big time.

Take care, guys. I am enjoying reading all of your threads. Must be nice to be actually building cars and stuff ! :D:D

Great news Don! A great attitude and determination are huge, looks like you're well on your way to getting back to normal!

Thanks for all that good info on the financial help, I had no idea. So, I start at the Dr office, or where ? I don't mind paying for my meds, but over $400 a month is a HEAVY hit.

Yeah, Bob, Don came to me one night and said "I have a problem". He had prepaid that one week cruise for him and the GF, and he said "If you want me to cancel, I will." I couldn't do that to him and besides, I have Dan and my ex wife here, so there was nothing he could do. Dan was able to keep in touch with him that week via some app on the phone, so all was good.

Take care guys, and for those of you who are healthy, ENJOY EVERY MINUTE. I used to get up and complain to myself about having to go to work. What I would give now to have those moments back, when I was fine. We get so involved with our daily grind that we tend to forget how good we have it and good health is right at the top of the list.

Down off soapbox. :D

Take care guys, and for those of you who are healthy, ENJOY EVERY MINUTE. I used to get up and complain to myself about having to go to work. What I would give now to have those moments back, when I was fine. We get so involved with our daily grind that we tend to forget how good we have it and good health is right at the top of the list.

Down off soapbox. :D

Right you are Don. I caught up with a good friend yesterday, his wife's cousin is a very healthy and active 39 year old man (with 2 young kids) and has gall bladder cancer. It's quite progressed as well, and there was nothing other than just genetics at play, so he would have got it no matter what he did.

I'm 32, and it's sure making me rethink priorities as I have another friend that has had 2 fights with cancer in the past year.

Right you are Don. I caught up with a good friend yesterday, his wife's cousin is a very healthy and active 39 year old man (with 2 young kids) and has gall bladder cancer. It's quite progressed as well, and there was nothing other than just genetics at play, so he would have got it no matter what he did.

I'm 32, and it's sure making me rethink priorities as I have another friend that has had 2 fights with cancer in the past year.

Damn, in 32 also with 3 girls under the age of 4. I don't know what would happen if anything happened to my wife or I. Crazy to think about!!

Don, my dad had 3 different bypasses & it took him a while to get back to normal so hang in there! Glad you're feeling better!

BoB

Don, glad your doing better. [cl

lb50 look into a living trust and name guardians for the kids. You can't plan to far ahead. [Pnot

I say this as a 73 yr old, I'm a quadrupedal grampa now so it didn't get used but it was there. [cl

Good luck to all, and my you live long and happy :p

Thanks, guys. Believe me, this has opened my eyes a whole lot. Things that I took for granted, like being able to jump in my car and go to the store, or even going to work, are now so precious to me. I have had 3 really great days in a row, so I feel I have turned the corner.

When I was in the hospital there was a little girl featured on the news, she is about 7, and she is waiting for a heart transplant. She was so upbeat and a lot stronger than I was being. Makes you think.

Sorry for all the Debby Downer health talk, now back to watching you guys living my (current) dream. :D

It's really good to hear that you're feeling better. Those "seasoned citizens" among us know how life gets more precious, as well as complicated by health issues as time passes. I'll be waiting to see your posts when you're back out in the garage.

Latest posts

Back