ebay... I should have known better!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
I had basically stopped using eBay because they started always siding with the seller in any dispute but I thought I'd give them another chance. I ordered some rear axle shims & when the package came, the item was not in the package! The shipper used a small paper mailing bag & the sharp edged shim cut through the bag & was lost in transit! The seller said that the package was delivered which it was but the item was not inside! Something similar happened on Amazon & they gave me a refund immediately! No more ebay for me!

BoB

I'm with ya on the ebay purchasing.
The same stuff is on Amazon and is easily returned or lost/damaged items get refunds

Some folks don’t have a clue on how to ship things. I’ve gotten stuff like that before, hanging out, missing parts, etc. Never had a problem getting a refund or replacement on eBay though. I always pay with PayPal so I’ve also got them to back me up.

I’ve never bought anything on Amazon. Went and looked around there a few times, got confused, and left. And I don’t like the guy who owns it, so I’m not putting money in his pocket.

I have a friend that does a lot of picking and selling on Ebay, mostly antique Indian motorcycle parts and has actually dealt with those American Picker guys, and has a very good reputation and standing. He once found an old cardboard box in the trash from the 50's that held Indian parts and sold the box on Ebay for 70 bucks!

Having said that, I don't trust Ebay, very rarely do Amazon. My beef is with National Chevy Association, not only over priced, but I bought a Chevy fuel tank sending unit from them that was twisted at the top, evidently it looks like a worker assembled it wrong and tried to fake it by twisting it? I dunno.

The float was hitting the side of the tank, rather than jump through the return item hoops, I repaired it myself, but took a pic and emailed them about it, no reply. Unit working fine.

Latest posts

Back