Model A extended cab

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks bob, the only thing covering it will be the seats. I'll sound deaden the underside, so you can see the metal work!

5 am work out with the slip roll!!

Attachments

• 1023200628_HDR.jpg
    1023200628_HDR.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 1023200629_HDR.jpg
    1023200629_HDR.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 31
That tunnel looks HUGE!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek: How much foot room will you end up with?:confused::confused::confused:

4l80e is a big trans!! I only have 1/2 in or so clerance between transmission and floor structure. About 6 to 7 inch of foot clearance for pedals. Not much different than my first sedan with that 534 Big Block in it .not like this is a long road trip car

the other problem is I didnt build this frame. to make it so fit the whole bell housing is into the tunnel

Last edited:
more progress

Attachments

• 1023201448a_HDR.jpg
    1023201448a_HDR.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 1023201448_HDR.jpg
    1023201448_HDR.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 1023201447a_HDR.jpg
    1023201447a_HDR.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 48
It will stick to almost any thing. I still have a hard time setting the machine for it. If you come up with any good settings charts let us know. It's awfully expensive to practice with but that's what I have to do before I use it.[;)

It will stick to almost any thing. I still have a hard time setting the machine for it. If you come up with any good settings charts let us know. It's awfully expensive to practice with but that's what I have to do before I use it.[;)

I'm also practicing hahahaha. but it will make for a cool look

I've used it for welding cast and then machined it for a press fit for a bearing. I've also welded gouges and pits in the chrome shafts in hydraulic cylinders and then filed the weld smooth.

So are you just using it for the "look"? Does it require a special gas (not the usual 25/75 steel mix?). Maybe a dumb question, but can you use it to weld brass sheet or cast brass?
Always trying to learn new trix :D

I am using it cause it looks different. kind of gives it an ok brazed look. I also like trying new stuff. on this truck it doesnt have to look perfect, it wouldnt fit hahahahaha. i use my normal gas in the welder

Latest posts

Back