33, 34 Plymouth Sedan question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vht

Got a line on a 33 or 34 plymouth 2 door sedan. It has no fenders or grille with it. With the way the rear of the car is made I wonder if you could build it fenderless? Any body built one of these?

Don't see why not...
Torchie

Attachments

• 1933-plymouth-rat-rod-1.jpg
    1933-plymouth-rat-rod-1.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 34
They look pretty terrible from the rear without fenders. BUT, I do have a friend that cut that whole unsightly "whale tail" section off one and replaced it with a smooth rolling transition that tucked back under, mimicking a more common sedan look. It was a lot of work, but came out pretty good in the end - definitely way better.

As another option, you can also get fiberglass fenders for these cars. I know most of us dislike fiberglass, but they're available and they're fairly inexpensive. Speedway Motors even has them.

In my opinion, these cars look great with fenders and really crappy without, especially from the rear. My dad has a 33 Dodge Rumble Seat Coupe, full fendered.

Damn Doc, that is one good looking hot rod. We are going to see what one looks like around Xmas, I'm buying it and he's bringing it to me around then. Rust free body, only has some surface on it. When I get it, I'm going to soda blast it and put it in epoxy. Might need some help, I never worked on anything without rust, won't know how to act.

Latest posts

Back