Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stay warm torchie! the old saying is the michigan girls hide their great curves under their winter coats, looks like that is true!

stay warm torchie! the old saying is the michigan girls hide their great curves under their winter coats, looks like that is true!

Speaking of staying warm......
Woke up to find that the heat in the family room was not working this morning.:eek:
This room is heated by it's own source so at least the rest of the house is warm.
On the bright side.....
Good to click on the site and see lots of activity.:D
Time to start rouble shooting.
Torchie

It's no fun troubleshooting a heating system when it's cold.

A few weeks ago on the long weekend here it was very cold and my furnace motor started to fail. I tried to limp it to the Tuesday but had to give up Monday, call a guy in to get the parts and pay more, but got it fixed myself and have been happy with it since.

Good luck troubleshooting!

At least part of the house is warm.
No heat = No fun

It's no fun troubleshooting a heating system when it's cold.

A few weeks ago on the long weekend here it was very cold and my furnace motor started to fail. I tried to limp it to the Tuesday but had to give up Monday, call a guy in to get the parts and pay more, but got it fixed myself and have been happy with it since.

Good luck troubleshooting!

Sounds all too familiar snopro. Our main furnace started to make noises right in the middle of that lovely polar vortex last month. Motor bearing. Had to replace the entire motor because nothing is designed to be repaired any more.

I messed with the family room heat source this morning OI and now it is working. Don't ask me what I did to fix it because I have no idea other then lay my hands of it. Maybe I've discovered a second career.:eek:[ddd
Waiting on the UPS driver as my gifted Merc tail lights are being deliver today.
Torchie

It's like Christmas in March.

Received my gifted 49-50 Merc Tail lights today.
WOW!
Newly chromed bezels. Real glass lenses. New gaskets and a set of frenching/tunneling buckets.
A great gift from a great frind.
Supposed to be in the 30's here tomorrow so I plan on getting out and start the trunk lids section.
A grateful Torchie.....

Attachments

• 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 25
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 28
Quick and dirty section on the trunk lid this morning.
As shown there is some rust issues with the inner frame work on the corners.
At this point nothing is welded in so that once warmer weather comes I can deal with the rust.
I want to keep the stock latch mounting intact until I'm sure how I'm gong to do it.
The inner framing is going to take some work to make it look right as well.
Fits pretty well though.
PS door is next.
Keep on keeping on....
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 2-10.jpg
    2-10.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 2-9.jpg
    2-9.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 2-8.jpg
    2-8.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
What did you do here, Torchie? Did you cut the bottom off the trunk lid off and lay it in place? (I can't see where it's sectioned.)

attachment.php

What did you do here, Torchie? Did you cut the bottom off the trunk lid off and lay it in place? (I can't see where it's sectioned.)

attachment.php

It's magic Crank.:D[S:confused:[ddd
I did the trunk lid just like the door. Peeled the skin around the inner frame.
All the sectioning was done to the inner frame work. The skin was just trimmed off the bottom leaving enough to fold over.
At this point it's just sitting on there but the fit is pretty good.
The inner frame needs some work so nothing is welded in yet.
Sorry if my last post was confusing.
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 20
Thanks Gang!
Sometimes you can do it this way on trunk lids.
All depends on the shape.
The Dodge has a long vertical surface area where the trunk handle goes so that makes this possible.
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-2-1.jpg
    2-2-1.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 20

Latest posts

Back