'47 Dodge shop truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. Skip.... my rear end is draggin! The one with my leg attached.
I got the brackets welded up and the differential installed today. Axles and final install tomorrow.

After one low ball payment and two “supplemental” payments I’m done with the insurance. The adjuster lady was great the appraiser guy was tired of me and I was tired of him. I had to fight for it But I finally got $60/hr for my labor.

Attachments

• B2E4073A-41F6-4881-AB18-23075720AADD.jpg
    B2E4073A-41F6-4881-AB18-23075720AADD.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 35FB0E10-063A-42C6-A3CF-6C9F3C8A7F7C.jpg
    35FB0E10-063A-42C6-A3CF-6C9F3C8A7F7C.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 3C0E33F1-CAFB-4D6B-989F-D3786189A3C5.jpg
    3C0E33F1-CAFB-4D6B-989F-D3786189A3C5.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 23
Thanks guys. Skip.... my rear end is draggin! The one with my leg attached.
I got the brackets welded up and the differential installed today. Axles and final install tomorrow.

After one low ball payment and two “supplemental” payments I’m done with the insurance. The adjuster lady was great the appraiser guy was tired of me and I was tired of him. I had to fight for it But I finally got $60/hr for my labor.

[cl [cl [cl [cl [cl [cl
[P [P [P
Torchie

my wife followed a sand truck in a snowstorm, what looked like ice built up on the front of her cherry red car was primer showing. the air dam had a crack from another incident so I lumped it all together and filed a comp claim. the adjuster said it was two separate incidents and didnt want to cover the air dam without another deductible. I explained aggregate damage to her, then her supervisor, who agreed with me. she was so mad that she told the body shop not to clear coat it. so I told the body shop if they didnt clear it I would be back the instant it wasnt shiny, and every time after. they cleared it and sent the bill, which the adjuster gleefully declined. another round with her supervisor and it was paid.

cliff notes: adjusters are pains in the poker.

glad you got to an agreement though! [cl[cl

I was turning right into a parking lot when this girl goes by me on the right hits my truck bending the tierod. Her insurance company said I was to blame too. Gave me 70% of the payout. Jim

I was turning right into a parking lot when this girl goes by me on the right hits my truck bending the tierod. Her insurance company said I was to blame too. Gave me 70% of the payout. Jim
Yea. You wouldn't have got hit if you stayed home. So, its your fault. [S

When the gal in the jacked up 4x4 Dodge sideswiped me, I was lucky. First off because I recognized tire rub, and got out of her way berore too much damage happened. Then because,we both had the same insurance company, and they called it a push and paid for everything. Funniest part was that she had paint on her truck from the incident, but it didn't match my car. My car only had rubber rash. Go figure.

Hey POPS.
Don't know if you are lurking but just checking in to see how the knee surgery went. and how you are doing.
Inquiring minds want to know.[ddd
Torchie

When it rains it pours.....

Life has not been too pleasant around here this year..

The knee is finally settling into a point that I can tolerate it.
I managed to fracture my right hip by simply walking across level ground going out to the shop. After x-rays, I'm going to have to have a hip replaced the 4th of October. Seems like my old bones are all worn out.

My bride was in the hospital for female issues and ended up having a complete hysterectomy 3 weeks ago so I'm on nursing /caregiver duties while on crutches.

My mom was put on hospice with stage 4 kidney failure and not doing well at all. Still trying to help her get her affairs in order.

Don't ever think it can't get worse cause it can!:cool:

On a lighter note..... I did get my little '47 back to running and drive able.
Probably shouldn't be driving but I do. The new rear end is sweet. I always thought there was something crazy about the old one. It was really noisy and had a vibration in it. Now It's smooth and quiet and running better than ever.
I did put 10" rims on the rear with more rubber and it needed that. Traction is always good.

Just trying to take it all one day at a time and keep the faith.
:cool::eek::eek:

Pics

A couple pics

Attachments

• 9B7602F2-BF7D-4BC3-9460-9E86C69CAB9A.jpg
    9B7602F2-BF7D-4BC3-9460-9E86C69CAB9A.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 248737E8-D3E5-4DC8-9C83-4DDE660FD6B9.jpg
    248737E8-D3E5-4DC8-9C83-4DDE660FD6B9.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 36

Latest posts

Back