71 Nova

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waldos_1

Here is my baby ,sitting on the side while doing my build

Attachments

• 10-13-09_1816.jpg
    10-13-09_1816.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 46
Here is the LS1 engine i have in it a 6.0 litre and is bad A** took it to the track here in Louisiana fridaynight went 10.85 and they told me to slow down or get off the track i have no roll cage and dont plan to install one

Attachments

• 06-08-10_1733.jpg
    06-08-10_1733.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 06-08-10_1734.jpg
    06-08-10_1734.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 10-13-09_1835.jpg
    10-13-09_1835.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 35
Well ,the only thing we have done is a cam,and well the intake to run a carb,and we changed the valve springs for the 609 lift on the cam ,the heads are bone stock, its the LQ flat top motor they have LQ9 and LQ4 i have the dome piston motor and went 11.40 all out and i spun a rod cause it was a hight mileage motor and went to the flat top its 10.5 from the factory and no spray,no my friend with a 67 camaro has the same setup with LS2 heads and a 150 shot and runs 9.90 with it and thats through mufflers, he shifts at 7500 rpm thats too much for my blood im at 6500 , lol but for a muscle car ill never go back old school it takes 10 grand to build a 383 to run that ,and im very honest on the setup,and the reason we went new style no one around here in deep south louisiana has these in there cars and his brother is in the auto sales and gets all we need from Copart the auction company, and thats the whole truth ,and every one thinks we have head work and all kinds of stuff and that can look and check but they see the stock heads,

I believe you 'cause I knew you were going to say that. I 've got a 440 Superbee that i've been beating my head against for years. Stock displacement stock heads, but everything else aftermarket. .613" lift 276 @ 0.50, 4.10 gears, 4000 stall. Low elevens on motor. Granted it's a big, mostly stock looking car, but I agree, if I was building another racecar I wouldn't even think twice about putting an LS type engine in it.

You got one sweetheart of a ride there bud, always dug the Nova.

I agree on the LSx. Now that they are getting a bit cheaper to do stuff to, they are about the best bang. I am still contemplating on using one in my '38. lol.

Hey ya know a good trick also if ya put the 5.3 LS heads on the 6.0 they flow way more, than the stock 317 heads,it cost a little to get started but after that ya got it ,ya need the MSD control box and intake thats right at $700 bucks and the headers well they not too bad i found a set for $350 and stainless steel ,and the oild pan to fit old cars ya need a 1997/1999 camaro pan,and a $400 cam and then its on i got a very low milage wrecked car for $1500 ,but i would have never went that fast witha 355ci,i have a 4000 stall with 411 gears on 28x10.5 tires with a turbo 350 ,the 60' is not hard like my old 355ci but it pulls like a wild thing on the other end it dont stop pulling

Thanks, i hear that a good bit and like anyone who does it all his own it means a lot ,we did a swap for a local guy here,and we just got it where he could go with it but as far as neatness ya have to do it and when he showed his wife or cars he said thats how i wanted mine to look and my wife told him that was not just 1 weekend job ,lol,ya find that a lot of guys want to buy there stuff all done, im kinda fond of doing it my self,and take pride in my work, thats how i found this site cause im new to the rat rod scene and want to learn a lot ,ill be working on the 53 truck ,tomorrow will pull the trans and motor from the donor and try to cut the cab and get my measurments to start the frame ,

Latest posts

Back