My other car....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bamamav

Don't know if this really meets up to the specs for a muscle car, but it's a car with muscles!:D 1974 Ford Maverick, coverted to a 72 Maverick Grabber Clone. 302 with a Crane 272 cam, hooker headers, Offy intake and 600 Holley carb, C4 with Hurst VMatic shifter, 3.00 gears. Built it up from a shell, did everything myself except align the frontend and run the over the axle tail pipes.
IMG_1115.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_0124-1.jpg

Nice car, I like the mav's myself..I think they have good lines..

I found a blue one in a junkyard years ago that had what appeared to be factory markings on the front fenders..said "351 grabber", not sure of ford ever built any, but they should have..

Co-worker had a blue Grabber back in the day that was really hopped up! Guys in Cameros & Mustangs used to laugh at him at the red lights... so he'd politely blow their doors off! He who laughs last... [ddd[ddd[ddd

Kool car guy... love it!!! [cl[cl[cl

BoB

I found a blue one in a junkyard years ago that had what appeared to be factory markings on the front fenders..said "351 grabber", not sure of ford ever built any, but they should have..

Nope, biggest engine they got factory was a 302 2bbl. 351W will fit, but it's tough to change plugs unless you cut the shock towers back, and swap headers are hard to find even though they do exsist. They never had anything but a 3 speed or a C4, either, no matter what you might hear otherwise.

It is a fun car! I like it because it's not a rustang. Don't see many at the shows I go to around here.

Nope, biggest engine they got factory was a 302 2bbl. 351W will fit, but it's tough to change plugs unless you cut the shock towers back, and swap headers are hard to find even though they do exsist. They never had anything but a 3 speed or a C4, either, no matter what you might hear otherwise.

It is a fun car! I like it because it's not a rustang. Don't see many at the shows I go to around here.

went to school in texas and a fellow classmate got one new from mort hall ford and it was a factory 4 speed car. a ol buddy of mine i was in the navy with had one he put a 351 cleveland 4v in, and yes the plugs where a bi-ch, his brother had one with a 429, but it was framed.

is that merc. tail lights? i just can't remember the mav's having them. i'm getting to old to remember.

Yeah, looks like the Comet tailights. Great looking car, love the Mavericks. I had a brown 73, 302, 3 speed Grabber that my dad gave me many years ago. Would like to find a solid 71-72 to build.

I love Mavericks. Yours is a nice example! To me if it has 2 doors, is somewhat sporty looking (not a Lincoln, LTD, etc), and a V-8 it qualifies as a muscle car to me. Maybe it did not come from the factory as a hot rod, but it is a special bonus if they drag raced the crap out of them at some point.

Chris

Nice car. I was in Bowdon Georgia the other day (right beside Alabama). Could have sworn that car was setting behind me at the redlight!!!

Don't know if this really meets up to the specs for a muscle car, but it's a car with muscles!:D 1974 Ford Maverick, coverted to a 72 Maverick Grabber Clone. 302 with a Crane 272 cam, hooker headers, Offy intake and 600 Holley carb, C4 with Hurst VMatic shifter, 3.00 gears. Built it up from a shell, did everything myself except align the frontend and run the over the axle tail pipes.
IMG_1115.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_0124-1.jpg

That is one fine Mavrick,I hope to have mine that nice some day .

It was a an under rated car, But the maverick grabber with a 302, 4 speed and 372 gears was a fast car and turned a lot of head. I had one back when they wree new and had a lot of fun with that car.

Latest posts

Back