Now for mine !

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BruceR&C

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!
Now that I got momma her truck somewhat road worthy, it's time to start on my Coupe. First pic is from when I picked it up last Aug. The others are as it sits now. Replaced the chrome wires with garbage rubber on them (both rights flat) with a fairly new set of stock steel wheels with almost new Michelins. I went the big little route, 235/75-15 in the rear & 205/75-14 up front.

Attachments

• HPIM1386 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM1386 (Medium).JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 119
  • p8.10-1 (Medium).JPG
    p8.10-1 (Medium).JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 88
  • p8.10-2 (Medium).JPG
    p8.10-2 (Medium).JPG
    89 KB · Views: 75
  • p8.10-4 (Medium).JPG
    p8.10-4 (Medium).JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 61
  • p8.10-5 (Medium).JPG
    p8.10-5 (Medium).JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 52
Finally!!!

Bruce,
I enjoyed the build of u're wife's truck & look forward to seein the progress of u're *real* project! ; - > I love fat fendered rods & yours is lookin pretty darn good already!!! What r u're plans?

BoB

Good project Bruce. The wheel change alone was a big improvement. I had forgotten aboout those wire basket wheels. Hadn't seen any for a while.

Cool. Are you gonna run it without a hood? I like some cars done that way, like '40 Fords, etc. Your's would look great with no hood and some carbs peeking out of the top.

Don

Thanks for the positive responses, y'all. In short I bought the car last Aug for the princely sum of $1500. When I went to look it over it started first time & purrs like a kitten. Somewhere along it's life it was given a Chevelle subframe complete with sbc/305 turbo combo. As for plans, a MOPAR power plant is the first & most desired. Would like to go older Hemi (not that my budget could stand it) or if not then a 340 or 360/727combo would suffice. Always like the look of discs so, those are in a box in the garage awaiting installation. I'm also tossing around the idea of lake pipes for it. The buckets & shifter will go also. I also may try to lower the nose a tad. (the original idea of the big/little combo). As for the hood, I'm actually liking the look of it without it right now & no matter the engine, I plan to run 2 or 3 dueces.
Right now I'm trying to get it driveable to take to The Frog Follies in Evansville, IN. Not taking the wife's truck as it will not fit on the trailer. Yes, I said trailer. For shows that are far away, we take our motorhome as it's less expensive to camp & eat our own food than to spend about three times as much per day as we spend for three. Will post more pics as I take them.

Got the discs on tonite. A couple of interior shots. Interior needs a bit of TLC. Not to mention a bench seat & better shifter.:D:D

Attachments

• p8.14-1 (Medium).JPG
    p8.14-1 (Medium).JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 28
  • p8.14-2 (Medium).JPG
    p8.14-2 (Medium).JPG
    52 KB · Views: 23
  • p8.14-3 (Medium).JPG
    p8.14-3 (Medium).JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 33
  • p8.12-1 (Medium).JPG
    p8.12-1 (Medium).JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 35
  • p8.12-2 (Medium).JPG
    p8.12-2 (Medium).JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 19
Looks great. I have seen this car somewhere before, maybe when you bought it?
Love the discs.:cool: I put them on my truck and it smoothed right out.

Looks like you are almost done. I hope you have a project after this one already picked out.

Actually, I've got a good bit of work left on this one. But, are they ever done ;);) ?
As for next project. I don't really have anything planned but, there is an early 40's Chevy truck that I would love to talk this car lot out of. Last time I asked him he said he was going to restore it. But, it's sat at the same spot for at least 5 yrs so, one day,,,,,,,,:D:D

Looks great. I have seen this car somewhere before, maybe when you bought it?
Love the discs.:cool: I put them on my truck and it smoothed right out.

I've posted pics of it from when I bought it on KB and may have a pic or two here. With more coming as I progress.

Such as,,,,,,,
Some cheap seat covers do wonders for the tore up buckets.
Replaced the rotten battery tray with a parts store special (plastic). Took some scrap metal & made a couple of braces to give it a bit more support. Eventually the batt will go either behind the drivers seat or in the trunk.
I'm leaning towards behind the seat as I'm considering ditching the back seat
& making it more a business coupe back there.

Attachments

• p8.16-1 (Medium).JPG
    p8.16-1 (Medium).JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 15
  • p8.16-2 (Medium).JPG
    p8.16-2 (Medium).JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 19
  • p8.16-3 (Medium).JPG
    p8.16-3 (Medium).JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 30
Back seats!?!?!

Eventually the batt will go either behind the drivers seat or in the trunk.
I'm leaning towards behind the seat as I'm considering ditching the back seat
& making it more a business coupe back there.

Bruce,
I always like to put the battery in the trunk... harder to steal & out of the way too! Back seats... we don't need no stinkin' back seats!!! ; - >

BoB

Put the window trim on. Mounted the trunk latch & fabbed a temporary extension for the latch to get it ready for it's trip to Evansville, IN this coming weekend. Also modified a licence plate bracket from an old project.
No pics now, will have some of the bracket tomorrow.

Attachments

• HPIM1997 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM1997 (Medium).JPG
    90 KB · Views: 17
  • HPIM1998 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM1998 (Medium).JPG
    67 KB · Views: 14
  • HPIM2000 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM2000 (Medium).JPG
    75 KB · Views: 23
  • HPIM2001 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM2001 (Medium).JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 17
Just a few of the thing that need some attention as we go.

Attachments

• HPIM2002 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM2002 (Medium).JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 19
  • HPIM2003 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM2003 (Medium).JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 16
  • HPIM2004 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM2004 (Medium).JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 15
  • HPIM2006 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM2006 (Medium).JPG