Thursday at A&W.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you, Guys.
OI, yes that's lacey.
Eman, I was going to sneak the '36's picture in with the red T-bird but there were too many people milling around. Dang gawkers, eh; ---- oh wait,---- I went there to show off.

Attachments

• IMG_0535.jpg
    IMG_0535.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 19
The season is winding down up here in the Great White North, so there were not as many vehicles at A&W tonight. I certainly like the yellow '59 retractable hardtop. The second last and last picture are of a very nicely done Warlock, [a black li'l red express with a big block in it].

Attachments

• IMG_1277.jpg
    IMG_1277.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1278.jpg
    IMG_1278.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1279.jpg
    IMG_1279.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1280.jpg
    IMG_1280.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1281.jpg
    IMG_1281.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 16
Nice line up. Were pics taken with a phone?

Roadster season is rapidly coming to an end around here although a warm weekend is forecast.

Yes Bob, pretty well all of my car pictures have been phone pics. Up until recently my 'in shop' pictures have been from a camera, but it died about a month ago.
We'll likely get a couple more Thursday nights out of October, but I don't know.

Any shows or meets we get from now on in Alberta are a blessing.

The typical last show of the season near me is this Saturday. It's Pumpkin Fest in Smoky Lake, Alberta, which is a pumpkin weigh-off and there is a car show and many other events in conjunction. Always the first weekend in October, sometimes it is snowy and cold, sometimes it is hot and sunny. The forecast this year is +23°C (but the overnight lows are near freezing). Should be a good day for a show.

The season is winding down up here in the Great White North, so there were not as many vehicles at A&W tonight. I certainly like the yellow '59 retractable hardtop. The second last and last picture are of a very nicely done Warlock, [a black li'l red express with a big block in it].

That's a nice set of cars!

I use that master cylinder on all my builds. It has a 1-1/32 inch bore and I set the brake pedal ratio to 7 to 1. I get them for $28 to $38 from the parts store or on Amazon, the Willwood master cylinder is the same one that they get $135+ out of.
Unless my customer insists on power brakes I never use a booster.

Willwood
wil-260-4893_vg.jpg

Dorman M98894 & Raybestos makes one too
t-19671-1666.jpg

I use that master cylinder on all my builds. It has a 1-1/32 inch bore and I set the brake pedal ratio to 7 to 1. I get them for $28 to $38 from the parts store or on Amazon, the Willwood master cylinder is the same one that they get $135+ out of.
Unless my customer insists on power brakes I never use a booster.

Willwood
wil-260-4893_vg.jpg

Dorman M98894 & Raybestos makes one too
t-19671-1666.jpg

Well, that's different then. I was having flashbacks of trying to stop my 66 396 Chevelle with 4 wheel drum brakes and no power brakes, back in the day.:eek:

Well, that's different then. I was having flashbacks of trying to stop my 66 396 Chevelle with 4 wheel drum brakes and no power brakes, back in the day.:eek:

I believe that was a pretty normal braking experience of most of the performance era cars back then. The go increased much better then the whoa did.

I remember many times with both feet pushing on the brake pedal, and both hands pulling on the steering wheel hoping it got stopped before I hit something.

I thought disc brakes were the best invention ever, I put them on everything I drove! I caught a lot of flack because of it. It was easy to prove my point though. I asked them if they "Ever tried to stop one of these cars from 100 mph? This one stops easily." That always ended the conversation.

Tonight divided up the tough hombres from the non-tough hombres. There were a lot of the latter. It was cold and very few guys came out. About 5 or 6* C; or 43* F. The sun was shining, though.

Attachments

• IMG_1284.jpg
    IMG_1284.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1285.jpg
    IMG_1285.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1286.jpg
    IMG_1286.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Back