Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > The "BS" Lounge

The "BS" Lounge Off topic posts & general stuff with no category! You talkin' to ME?!?!?!

Old 11-27-2022, 05:53 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Default New toy, err, tool!

Been wanting one of these for a while to manage my property. Have been looking for a while for a nice used one, didn't want to pay the outrageous prices for new. Was looking at Marketplace at one, couldn't go look at it until Sunday, when this one popped up the other night. Same as the other one I was looking at only a year older, 2008 vs 2009, and has 80 hours run time compared to 800 hours on the 2009 one. Messaged the guy, exchanged numbers, talked to him for about 30 minutes. He was the second owner, only had it a couple of months, he bought it to go hunting out of but it wasn't fast enough to suit him. Original owner only rode it sparingly, kept it under a carport. This thing is unreal! No fade anywhere, no scratches, it looks like new. It's 4x4 with a Honda V twin motor and a dump bed, just the thing to haul off yard debris with. Basically a new unit at less than half the cost of a new one. It's gonna be handy around the property, and fun to just get out on and ride. Good thing is the wife can operate it easily, too. She wanted another 4 wheeler atv, but I was afraid with her new hip she wouldn't be able to ride it much. It's a Bush Hog brand, made right here in Selma AL, for about 10 years. Don't know why they quit making them, profit margins I guess. It's heavy, around 1500 lbs, and has a load capacity of 1500 lbs, for a total of 3000 lbs. Tough built, should outlast me!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bush hog side by side.jpg (186.1 KB, 34 views)

https://www.zazzle.com/2022_fat_fend...46680814180838
Old 11-27-2022, 06:20 PM
The Rat Captain

Talking

Super
What a useful tool
Old 11-28-2022, 01:10 PM
He's rockin' the "Nuttin Special"!

Well, enjoy your "tooling" around....
Old 11-28-2022, 07:56 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Yeah Smallfoot, I figured you might like it with all the acreage you have to keep up with. Sure beats walking or putting my pickup in the woods.

It came with a 2500 lb winch and a LED light bar, too. Doubt I'll be out much on it after dark, but that LED lights up the world! May put one on my mower so I can cut grass after dark when it's cooler in July!

Old 11-28-2022, 10:53 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Old 11-29-2022, 06:57 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

That thing looks great Bama. I've always wanted one for around here as well, but can never bring myself to spend the money. I'd have a real hard time keeping it that clean too......
Old 11-29-2022, 08:25 AM
He's rockin' the "Nuttin Special"!

Does that one have a transmission giving you a reverse or is it torque converter forward only? I wouldn't worry about top speed. Even with a regularly maintained dirt road to run on out here, top speed will beat most people to death! Nice looking buggy Bama!
Old 11-29-2022, 08:58 AM
Creators of all things awesome

Very handy!!!

Minterfab.com
Old 11-29-2022, 09:54 AM
Older and more rusted every day!

Wow... very kool!!!

RRR on Facebook
RRR on Twitter
Wanted: Ratty '35 Olds coupe!
Old 11-29-2022, 10:21 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallfoot View Post
Does that one have a transmission giving you a reverse or is it torque converter forward only? I wouldn't worry about top speed. Even with a regularly maintained dirt road to run on out here, top speed will beat most people to death! Nice looking buggy Bama!
Itís got high and low range in forward and low in reverse. It has the belt and clutches in a sealed box that has a fan that blows in it to keep the belt dry. The fan supposedly keeps air pressure in the box so water doesnít get in. Top speed is said to be 25 mph, like you said, on anything other than a paved road it does ride rough. I figure since it has so few hours on it, it should soften up as I use it.