heater question...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfg455

The Hot Rod Cop
I have been looking around for a universal heater with just heat that is inexpensive. Cheapest I have found is $300. Any ideas? [S

I saw those listed else where for $299. Glad speedy has them for $100 less. To bad I sold the unit out of the 73 datsun I am working on. It was slightly bigger than this one and free! DOH!

I built one from a universal heater core from ebay and an old electric heater box that burned out. I used 2 small computer fans for forced air. worked ok so far.

heater guestion

50s Ford truck heaters work great fairly easy to get just replace the 6 volt motor with a 77 Ford truck motor may have to cut the shaft down but works great

Thanks Billy. That will do the trick as the windshield is only 6" tall!

I use "vintage heater" at eBay motors...

]

those are neat.
but i needed something small that would REALLY heat
i was driving my uninsulated 27 chevy last winter in 17f weather with no side windows.
and it wasnt too bad at all
27000 BTU's is a serious amount of warmth

I was thinking something along the lines of the antique heaters for the 35 pick up. The 70 won't show the heater at all so I am just looking for cheap and hot.......[dr

Well that went wrong quick!

a.baa-It-is-quite-interesting.jpg

I was in HF last week and they had a 12v ceramic heater for under $50. 30 years ago I bought one from J.C. Witney and it worked greatfor years.

I love the Vintage Air Gen II heater with defrost. Got mine for $250 up here in Canada, and it comes with the wiring, switches, defroster tubes, etc. Everything you need! While it's a little more it works awesome and is easy to install!

Latest posts

Back