Wood interior photo request

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmlcolorado

So I'm thinking ahead in the project and I'm thinking a wood interior.
I'd like to shave down hardwood flooring, or just make my own, that's about 3/8" thick or maybe 1/4".
I'd like to make wood door panels, wrap the trans tunnel, and do the headliner all in wood. Leave the entire interior metal, probably sand all the paint (since that's the only paint left on the truck) and paint with faux rust. Then I'd like all the wood to be stained a really dark red. Maybe use cherry for the material, then clear the heck out of it.
I think it would make it look great with old vs new theme with the old rusty metal and nice smooth dark red wood panels.

Has anyone done anything like this before? The headliner would be the hardest since it curves in all directions, but if I can get it to work, it would be pretty sweet.

Looking for photos of any and all hardwood interiors.

28%20ford%20Tudor

Been thinking the same. This is one I found on the net a while back. I'm building my 28 next to a cabinet shop so I'm figuring why not. Enjoy!

Oh man! I forgot about this thread! And now I REALLY want to see your photos!

I copy the "Img" link in photovucket and copy into the post for the picture to post.

Yeah, the woodie idea is cool I liked the slat look like in a old bed. The top thing I had thought of bend forming them to get slight of offish curve, some glueing and a little hardware later I think one could find a way to say close in a model a Tudor roof with style . Yet stain it vintage like as well.

Cheers I'm not the only one up late

Yeah, the woodie idea is cool I liked the slat look like in a old bed. The top thing I had thought of bend forming them to get slight of offish curve, some glueing and a little hardware later I think one could find a way to say close in a model a Tudor roof with style . Yet stain it vintage like as well.

Yeah I'm working with a much tighter space a lots of curves so I was thinking of a veneer of some sort so I can bend it easily.
147.jpg

Just not sure how to trim the edges cleanly. Maybe some think leather folded then riveted to the edges?
then maybe using the same leather for door panels with a bunch of contrasting stitching?!

Cheers I'm not the only one up late
This damn website keeps me up WAY too late most nights :D not that I'm complaining about it :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QspGC1_bhHw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This is extreme but you get the idea. I have one on a smaller scale at the wood shop, I at least have full use of a custom solid wood design shop. I'm far from the point of doing the wood but I been looking into the how to's for a while now

Had actually thought of doing the seats in wood bows and the make cushions like patio furniture to put on top. Kinda like below

Edge finish work ideas would be a barrel sanding drum assortment say from harbor freight in a drill press would give you custom gun stalk curve possabilitys

Also a bit of sandblasting curves and contours, I had done a few cypress root coffee tables in the past and had used a pressure pot sand blaster to cool looking curves

I watched the video you posted. That's some sick cutting and chopping you got going on. I'll have to do a hello post later and perhaps a build thread.

While I'm on the thought a big hello to you from so florida !

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back