Home made tools

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made a couple upgrades to the Welding cart tonight.

It had some pretty light weight hooks. I picked up a piece of 1/8"X1" at the farm store to make these.

WP_000077.jpg

I saw a new welding cart at Northern Tool that had drawers, but the $220 price tag was too much :eek:. Got a two drawer tool box on sale at the farm store and added an angle iron frame to the cart [;). I made the cart taller a few years ago.

WP_000079.jpg

Nicely Done!! My welding cart may not be the greatest idea to some, but I love it. And the fact that The welder is up so high has got to be one of my favorite parts. I have a couple more things I would like to do yet, kind of like the tool box, nice idea by the way, but a little different.

rattle can shaker

I'm cheap, I'll admit it. Why buy what you can build? Saw an attachment for the sawzall to shake the spray bombs, COOL! $24 not cool. The only thing that wasn't laying around the shop were the hose clamps. 20-30 seconds with a light pull on the trigger and no more tennis elbow. :D

WP_000100.jpg

WP_000099.jpg

WP_000098.jpg

Guess I never thought that shaking rattle cans....

Was such a problem...lol.... Hey, if you have an issue with tennis elbow, rotator cuff or other problem you have another way to avoid irratation..... where there is a will, there is a way..... gotta admit, cool idea...[cl

Built a louver press a while back and now a cnc plasma table kinda ghetto bit they work well.

I still have to make my slats for the table just don't really have the scrap pieces to make it yet lol
img00204-20120814-0811.jpg

img00205-20120814-0812.jpg

img00206-20120814-0812.jpg

img00209-20120814-0814.jpg

img00210-20120814-0814.jpg

img00211-20120814-0814.jpg

img00213-20120814-0815.jpg

img00212-20120814-0814.jpg

Really like the looks of your louver press, how well does it work?

How about a little more info on your CNC table? Couple of guys on here are trying to build one and some others would like too..... any info would be awesome!! What software do you run, drives, etc.....

metal storage

All of my scrap was getting out of hand, so I built this rack.

storagerack.jpg

add a couple milk crates and its all managed.

organized.jpg

Really like the looks of your louver press, how well does it work?

How about a little more info on your CNC table? Couple of guys on here are trying to build one and some others would like too..... any info would be awesome!! What software do you run, drives, etc.....

I have access to a louver press as well ND if you need some pieces I'm sure we could get some made up...

If you guys want I can put together a list of what I used and a little drawing. That way you can make some yourself. The cost difference is awesome too, I think the HF butt-welding clips were close to a buck a piece.......I'll have these made for about .33 cents each.

If you guys want I can put together a list of what I used and a little drawing. That way you can make some yourself. The cost difference is awesome too, I think the HF butt-welding clips were close to a buck a piece.......I'll have these made for about .33 cents each.

If you want to. Looks like a 1/4-20 nut and bolt welded to a piece of 16ga with a hole in it and 1/4" rod. Cut a slit in a 1x1 square tube. Am I right?

Latest posts

Back